Monday, September 17, 2007

our weekend...

We had a good weekend, pretty uneventful though. Friday night, we ran some errands and got Hannah a tricycle from Grandma Ruthie. It was her late birthday present. It was storming really badly when we got home from the store and Hannah was begging to ride her trike. So we just left it in the trunk of the car and told her that we would put it together later. There was no way we were going to put it together Friday night and then listen to her beg to ride it all night. Saturday morning, Thomas had to work for a few hours so the kids and I went to Mary & Chris's house. It was so nice to just sit and relax for a while. Not that I don't sit a lot every day, but they have the most beautiful back yard with fruit trees and rose bushes... heaven for me! And they have a nice covered porch so Mary & I could sit on the porch and talk while the kids played in the hot sun! Hannah had so much fun playing with Eyi as she calls him. His real name is Eli. Hannah just cried when we left to come back and play with Eli again soon. So, we'll have to do that again, Mary! After we got home, we watched football pretty much the rest of the day! We made a big run over to our storage unit and got some of the boxes and empty bins out of here. It looks a lot better. But all the clothes from the boxes and bins are on the living room floor, semi-sorted into piles of what they are and then there are the five loads of laundry I did waiting to be folded. Oh, the fun never ends! Then, yesterday was church as usual. I swear, I cannot make it on time! I woke up earlier than usual and everything! Of course, everything I own is either too big or too small for me. I finally find a skirt that fits and of course it has been in the bottom of a box for a month so it has to be ironed. I start ironing, get almost all the way done, and the iron spits rusty water all over the back of the skirt. Well, that's just not good, especially on a white skirt! So, i had to start over completely. And of course that just put me in a really stinky mood. I was so close to just not going yesterday. But I am so glad that I did go. The lessons were really good and they felt like they were given just for me. Plus, the sacrament program was the Primary program. The kids were so cute! I was in the mother's room with the kids so I couldn't actually see it, just hear it. So cute! And I made roast and potatoes for dinner last night. It was supposed to be ready right after church, but because of my late start yesterday, I didn't even put it in the oven until after church. But it turned out really well. I was planning to bake pumpkin bread yesterday, but because I had the roast in the oven, I couldn't. Maybe I'll do it today if I get time. I still have to run out and do some errands. I can always do it tomorrow.

Why is it that even when the girls aren't wearing coordinating outfits they are always dressed similarly? I just looked at the girls and I realized that we are all wearing similar outfits. I am just in jeans and a white t-shirt, Hannah is in a sleeveless denim dress, and Ainsley is wearing a little pink & white tank with denim skirt. The girls looks so cute! Hey Grandma Ruthie!!!! Ainsley needs a new denim skirt. This one is too small. Let me know if you can find one. This one is from Old Navy, and I really like it. And I am not allowed in that store. I find way too much stuff for the girls and Thomas in there.

Well, I am going to go run errands now. Ainsley is fed and quiet, so I better take advantage of it. I took pictures of the girls in their matching dresses yesterday so I'll try to post one later and some of Hannah on her trike.

5 comments:

chrissy said...

Hey grandma Ruthie! Olivia needs one too! LOL Is that how it works? NICE!!! Ha ha just kidding!

Aleisha said...

LOL, thats to funny. Thats great you guys got to spend a little more family time this weekend. And no worries, I think I have only made it to church on time once this year. Sad, I know. But hey, at least I am trying and I make it, right? Anyways, I got a great pumpkin bar recipie if you want it. (no dairy) Made it today for the first time and LOVING it...lol I am all over anything pumpkin. I love the fall!!! =o)

Mary said...

Grandma Ruthie... oh, wait... I don't have a girl. So I'll just say hi!
Mere, you are more than welcome to come up any time you like. Eli loved having Hannah over too and talks about her a ton. Maybe next time we'll come to Bountiful and find a nearby park or something. I'm glad that the rest of your weekend went well.
And Eli and I would do that a lot too (end up in similar clothes) - until I noticed it happening too often and started letting him pick his own shirt.

Brown Family said...

I hate being late to church as well, but hey at least you made it right? Glad you all were able to have some family time. Hope Hannah enjoys her tricycle.

Meredith said...

pumpkin bars??? please share!