Thursday, September 27, 2007

TAG!

"Okay, Ainsley, it's your night to keep Mom awake! Go!" All night long! Hannah slept great, but they have been due to an accidental overmedication... don't worry we called poison control to make sure that I hadn't poisoned my child. They said she was fine. But of course, I was terrified and it made me feel like a terrible mother. I'm tired, I don't feel well at all. All of her other medicines are dosed at 1 teaspoon, but this cough medicine is super-concentrated so she only gets 1/2 a teaspoon. I wasn't paying attention and gave her a full teaspoon. I was thinking about giving her Tylenol, too, because she had a fever as well. Lovely. I kept checking her breathing and her heartrate all night long just to make sure she was okay. Ainsley is too young to take any medication, so she was up all night long coughing, sneezing and choking. That was fun. Well, Ainsley just woke up. She finally fell asleep around 7... and of course Hannah was up at 8. I'm going to go take care of my kiddos! Everyone have a great day!

3 comments:

Mary said...

It would be so nice if all the medicines could just be the same dosage across the board... I'm glad she is alright and I hope you can get some sleep... tonight??

chrissy said...

GEEZ! So much for better nights! But here's hoping one comes soon...

Jill Petersen said...

Merideth if you knew me better I would be happy to take the girls for a night to give you some rest! I was going to do that for Chrissy and Ryan tonight but Ryan chickened out. His little Olivia is just too little. I get it! But man when your not getting sleep you almost feel like handing them off to a stranger!