Saturday, September 01, 2007

the past few days...

Sorry that I haven't updated much lately! Things have been crazy around here as usual. It really shouldn't surprise me. Ainsley isn't sleeping much at night unless she is sleeping right there in bed with us. I can't figure out why. I don't know if she is just cold or what, but she never had a problem when we were in Chicago. And Hannah isn't sleeping at night either. She wakes up crying at least once a night. I don't know what the issue is there either. Last night, I was so exhausted from being up all night every night with Ainsley, so Thomas got up with her and got her calmed down and brought her into our room. So, we had all four of us in our bed again for about half the night. I finally got some scrapbooking done yesterday, just a couple of layouts and got a couple of older layouts posted. My memory is totally gone. I had some of these done when we were in Chicago but forgot to post them!

I love my husband! By the time he got home from work yesterday, I was ready to go crazy! I hadn't left the house all day and the kids were CRANKY! So, we left Hannah with G&L and went to dinner. I have been craving Mexican food so we drove up to the next little town and went to Bajio Grille. I've never been there before and Thomas doesn't like that kind of food, but he went anyway and we just sat there and talked for an hour while I ate my burrito (no rice, no cheese!) and we shared a Coke. Our first date in a very long time and I loved it! We're going to have to make that a habit. :) Thomas had to run an errand this morning and I am getting ready to go make him his favorite breakfast so that it will be ready when he gets home and then we are going to watch college football all day! I love fall! We have our niece part of the weekend so Hannah should have someone to play with and we can hopefully have some peace and quiet! :)

That's about all... I'm hoping to get some scrapbooking done today, too. Maybe I'll sneak some in during one of the games, or maybe I'll work on knitting some more of Angie's baby blanket. Yeah... She's almost three weeks old and her blanket is about 1/4 of the way done. Liv's isn't much more done! :) Better get to work.

4 comments:

Brown Family said...

Sorry about the lack of sleep with the kiddos. It is so hard to function with out a good night's sleep. Do you think the move has messed with their schedule? Good Luck!
Glad you and Thomas were able to have some alone time. You guys have definitley needed it from being away from each other so long. :)
Good luck with scrapbooking and enjoy the games!
Love the layouts BTW!!

Aleisha said...

WOW, I forgot my volume was all the way up and forgot it plays music now. Talk about a loud wake up call. My hearts just a pounding...lol Very cute LO's. I hope you guys are settled in now and enjoying the family time again. I'm jealous. =o)

Lindsay said...

Meredith- If you love Mexican food, you have to go to Cafe Rio in Provo! The pork barbacoa salad is worth a special trip from Florida for! I miss that place so much! I dont even like pork and I love that salad! It tastes just like sweet chicken. Try it!

chrissy said...

Good for you guys to get out for a while.

Ryan and I are counting down the days until the next cabin weekend...

:)