Friday, September 21, 2007

5:58am...

Yes, you are reading that right. It is 5:58 am. We have been up already for quite a while. Although you would probably have to sleep in order to say that you have "woken up". Ainsley slept pretty well last night, only waking up about 4 times between 10pm and 5am. That's pretty good for her. Hannah, on the other hand, was up crying almost all night long. Both kids ended up sleeping with us again because I didn't want them crying and waking everyone up. I don't know what is going on with Hannah, but she is seriously crying almost all night every night now. I know she isn't feeling well, but I don't know what to do. She can't take Robitussin or any of the other cold medicines that you give kids to knock them out. They have the opposite effect on her to the point that she gets shaky and mean(er) and irritable. So, we have to just deal with Ibuprofen Cold. She is at the age where she refuses to take medicine, too. I had to threaten her with the hospital and shots this morning to get her to take it. And poor little Ainsley woke up with a fever this morning. Whether it is from the shots or her cold, I don't know. I have to call the doctor when they open and ask what to do. I gave her some Tylenol, but she hates swallowing things other than milk, so she spit most of it out... all over my sheets. She just rolled herself under the coffee table, so I better get her and feed her and hope and pray that she goes back to sleep so that I can get some sleep. I haven't had a good night's sleep in months and I haven't had an even somewhat respectable night of sleep in WEEKS. I have hardly slept at all the last three nights.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh Meredith, I hope you are able to figure out what is going on with Hannah and get some rest soon! Hang in there- this too shall pass.

chrissy said...

i hope that book you were talking about works!...