Friday, December 22, 2006

Traci Reed's Creative Team!!! & other stuff

I don't think I ever mentioned this! I was a Guest CT in November for Traci Reed. Then she asked me to stay on for December and I applied for a 6 month term with her CT and was accepted! So, at least until June I am on Traci's CT!!!!!! I am so excited! She is so talented! And she just started selling at NDISB.

Also, I made popcorn balls last night. Well, technically I used the popcorn ball recipe and actually put them flat in a 9x13 pan instead of shaped in balls. Hannah doesn't like them and Thomas doesn't either, so yet another dessert that I get to eat all by myself! They are so good and so easy to make! AND they stick to your teeth! So much fun for little kids! Here' s the recipe...
Bring to a boil:
1 cup sugar
1 cup Karo (light)
1 small box Jell-O (any flavor - I LOVE raspberry at Christmas)
When it boils, add 1/4 tsp. baking soda and stir until it foams. Then pour it over popcorn. One batch of topping will cover 3 bags microwave popcorn. Stir the popcorn until it is completely covered. Then with buttered hands, shape the popcorn into balls. This will BURN your hands so be careful! OR you can take the less painful route and just spread it into a wax-paper lined, cooking-sprayed baking pan. Then just pull of a chunk when you want it!

I was going to make lime ones, too, but since no one but me liked it, we're gonna have to find a different baking project for today! I actually need to go out and find canning jars for tomorrow morning's baking project. I started baking cakes in jars last night and ran out of the right kind of jars. I have to have 30 jars done by tomorrow morning so I can take them to the church and leave them in the fridge there. I don't have room in mine. We are making them as gifts for the teachers in our children's primary (like children's sunday school). I have to be at the church at 10:30 tomorrow morning for the Christmas program rehearsal. So I'll be up baking at the crack of dawn! ;) Hannah is gonna love me tomorrow! :) She'll probably be running in between the pews tomorrow making a big mess and being loud! She is such a stinker! But a darn cute one today! Her hair is perfectly curly today and she is just in a funny little mood!

I think my blog may get a makeover in the next few weeks! I am getting tired of this one again... I think I will keep the white background and just change the topper and some of the info... It's all outdated! I need to make a new blinkie, too. I should probably get my layout assignments done first, though! Okay...I'm going now!

No comments: