Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Our Broken Tree

Since we put our Christmas tree up, I have been telling Hannah that she can't touch it or else it will fall over and break. Well, she has been pulling on the garland and playing with the ornaments anyway. Tonight, my sister-in-law, Amber, was over here and we were talking. Hannah started pulling an ornament off the tree. I told her to "stop touching the tree right now!" I heard a little creaking sound and jumped out of my chair just as the Christmas tree toppled over and came within inches of landing on Hannah. The plastic tree stand broke from her constant pulling! I made sure that she was okay and grabbed my camera. My poor sister-in-law was scared to death! She laughed at me for grabbing my camera, but we scrapbookers just can't help it! Here are the photos...

And, no , this photo was NOT posed! She was so embarassed!

So, I had to turn off the lights and prop the tree in the corner! A fully decorated tree is pretty heavy! You can picture 2 pregnant women trying to wrestle a Christmas tree into a corner! Not pretty! Hannah finally said, "I'm sorry your tree broke." She didn't admit to breaking it, though! Little stinker! So, I don't know what we are going to do for a tree this year. I have a couple of other trees in the garage. One is HUGE and there is no way it will even fit in our living room. The other one is a small craft-style twiggy tree. It won't even hold half of our ornaments. Maybe then Hannah won't try to grab it! The tree was only $20 at Wal-Mart 7 years ago, so it isn't a huge loss. We were planning to buy a new tree next year anyway. But I refuse to do it this year, when we are in an apartment that doesn't have enough space for a big tree. So, we may just have to make do with the twiggy tree. I'll post more photos as things happen!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Oh no Meredith!!!! We had this happen last year and it was so devestating! The pictures of Hannah are just too precious though - I still don't believe she'd ever cause any trouble LOL!

chrissy said...

Ha ha! That's totally funny! Crappy for you, but funny for me :)

It reminds me of the time Jen and I were visiting my mom for Christmas. She bent over to plug the lights in behind the tree, and like slow motion she leaned too far and fell, fell, fell into the tree. We stood there feeling helpless while she laughed her "hee hee hee" laugh so hard, she peed her pants! It was awesome! So don't worry, Banana, Grandma Sharon is clumsy around Christmas trees, too...

chrissy said...

(She's going to be so mad if she reads that...)

chrissy said...

I'm still waiting for more prego pictures...

:)