Thursday, December 21, 2006

I've created a "Crappin'" MONSTER!

Over the last several days I have been cleaning out my craft closet and I found TONS of unscrapped photos and TONS of scrapbooking supplies. Well over 2000 sheets of cardstock! And that doesn't include the patterned papers! So, I decided that rather than scanning the old photos and digiscrapping them, I am going to ...gasp... PAPER SCRAP them! If I can even remember how! I am sure that about halfway through the project I will get frustrated and start digiscrapping again. But this will give me a project to work on at night while Thoma has the computer comandeered. I'll be a digiscrapper by day, but a PAPER SCRAPPER by night! :) I so feel like a superhero! :)
So, on to the "'crappin" monster creation... Have you seen the Blues Clues episode about The Great Big Book About Us? Well, it is Hannah's favorite! They make a big scrapbook about their favorite things. So, we were at AC Moore yesterday and Hannah started talking about wanting to make a "'crapbook" about her things. So, I bought her a little $.79 brag book album and some Dora stickers and Mickey stickers and told her that we would start on it after Christmas was all done. She has done nothing but bug me about her "'crapbook" since we left the store. We are going to take some photos of her favorite things and have them printed. It is only a 10 page 4x6 album so it probably won't take her long to fill it up. But I figured it will give her something constructive to do and the entire thing will cost less than $10, including getting photos printed. I am just going to print 2x3 photos, 4 to a 4x6 sheet. Maybe it will even keep her quiet during church... wishful thinking!
Speaking of church, Thomas and I are narrating the Christmas program this year. I haven't even looked at the program. And my throat is starting to get sore... last year the entire choir, the pianist and I (the narrator) were all sick. I started choking halfway through one of my readings. I was choking so badly that I had tears streaming down my face. I couldn't stop reading though because the entire reading was set to music! I didn't want to throw off the timing! Everyone thought I was just emotional. lol We'll see what happens this year. At least the readings aren't set to music so I can stop and cough if I need to!
We are going to take Hannah to see Santa today... maybe. It depends on how long the line is. If we ever leave the house!!!!!!! I have been waiting for TWO HOURS for my girl of a husband to get ready. As soon as the tv goes on in our room I know it will be at least an hour before he is ready. I walked in there with his freshly ironed shirt an hour ago and he hadn't even made it to the shower yet. A good episode of Scrubs was on and he HAD to watch it...with the shower running! At least we don't pay for the water here. It is 80 degrees and rainy outside today. Hannah can't even wear one of her Christmas shirts to get her photo taken with Santa because they are all long-sleeved. I am probably just going to take it with me. Her hair is a MESS, too, because of the humidity! I hope I charged my camera battery. And I need to get some mini-DVs for the video camera, too. The to-do list is getting longer the more I wait for Thomas... he's gonna love it!

2 comments:

Sislers said...

There's always something to do isn't there!! :)

Robin said...

LOL! I can't wait to see her "crapbook"!!!!