Saturday, December 30, 2006

Do you like my new look?

I think I have the after-Christmas blues... I needed something bright and cheery to liven things up! And Robin's kit did the trick! I tried to do a wintery theme to my blog header, but I just couldn't make it work! It was 77 friggin' degrees here today!!!!! And about 95% humidity! I actually decided to go with a black background because I really like how Audra's layouts stand out against the black background on her blog.

I am taking down my tree on MONDAY! I am so excited I can't stand it! I never thought I would feel that way. Every year I get so sad when I have to take it down. I don't know why I am in such a hurry to get it down. I think it is because I get to rearrange my furniture when it comes down and I can't stand how crowded and cluttered my house looks right now. I will miss the pretty white lights and I am sure that when it is actually down I will be a bit sad. I had a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. In fact, I still haven't finished all of my Christmas presents... still working on a few projects. :)

I realized that I am in a very earthy natural scrapbook mood lately. I can't seem to break out of it, either. I look at brightly colored kits and don't know what to do with them. Maybe changing my blog will help! I had so much fun with Robin's kit. We'll see...

2 comments:

T-Wan said...

I like the new look but I'm like you with the holiday blues so it perks me up. I also understand about taking down the tree (mine is coming down tomorrow wanted it down the day after Christmas).

I hope your mood gets better.

Robin said...

How cool Meredith!!!! Love the new look :)
Oh, and I had to tell you I had a dream that I went to visit you! LOL!