Wednesday, May 31, 2006

good morning!

okay, i promise i'm not a morning person, but i actually just got 7 complete, uninterrupted hours of sleep. yes, hannah is still alive and she is at home with us, but she slept through the night! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!! After Monday night, I would have gone nuts if she didn't, though. I am feeling much better about everything after a good night's sleep! :) Isn' that usually the case?

Question for everyone.... Would you object to the following scenario?
Thomas came home from work last night and said that on Friday he was going to meet 2 girls from work for lunch. They are both in their late 20s, about the same as us. There is no business purpose to this lunch. Purely social.

I told Thomas it was completely inappropriate. He said that if I felt that way, he wouldn't go. In the light of day, am I being irrational? I don't think anything would "happen" but I just feel that it is getting too close to the edge of appropriateness. I told him that it would be different if there were a huge group of people, but if it were just him & 2 girls or him & one buddy and 2 girls, it wouldn't be appropriate. What do you think???

We are leaning more and more toward the first apartment complex that we looked at. Everyway we look at it, we are looking at around roughly the same price, or at least within $50 per month. My safety, sanity, and gas mileage really like the first apartment. I am going to call them and see if they have an empty apartment we can see because Thomas thinks the model looks too small. But they put HUGE furniture in those models. We'll see! I decided yesterday that I really need to make this a matter of faith. We have been praying that we will know where we are supposed to be. I don't think Heavenly Father really cares where we are as long as we keep doing the other important things in our lives. So I just need to have faith that everything will work out for the best. AND I have to make the most of whatever situation we end up in. Remind me of that later today, okay?!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I absolutely think you are in the right. It is not appropriate for him to go to a social lunch with 2 girls. I mean, I have to go to lunches with men, but it is business (trust me, not at all social). We are always discussing projects and schedules... I would never dream of going out to lunch with a guy(let alone 2 guys) without Chris. If he doesn't go, I don't go. Thats just me.
Sorry the apartment search has been so hectic. Sounds like a nightmare. But my advise is to find the one you want or you will be in the same mess looking next year. Good luck.