Saturday, May 06, 2006

is $7 really worth the hassle???

i woke up this morning with a crick in my neck, so I decided to go buy a new pillow. no luck at Home Goods. no luck at Target (what's up with that?????). no luck at Super Wal-Mart (no surprise there!). so I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and paid $17 a pillow. YIKES!!! but I didn't know what else to do. So I went home and put Hannah down for her nap and took a look at the brand new soft pillow and decided that there was no way I could keep 2 pillows at $17 each. So, I went to TJ Maxx and got 2 Calvin Klein pillows at $10 each. So, I ended up saving $14, but not really! because there was a really cute Polly Flinders dress on clearance for $11. and Hannah had to have a Dora book at $3. so I didn't actually save any money by returning my pillows, but I still came out ahead because I now have 2 pillows, a dress for Hannah & a book to keep her quiet! the book is actually the best part! :)
i hate taking hannah shopping these days. she has to touch everything and she screams to get out of the cart or for me to put her down. it drives me nuts. i really want to be scrapbooking right now, but thomas is playing his game and i can't scrapbook on my parents' computer.
speaking of scrapbooking. . . i have been putting all of my digital scrapbooking kits on CDs to keep them organized. i went to use one of my CDs today and noticed that the top of the CD is flaking off. so i now have to try to figure out which kits were on that CD and re-make it. thankfully i have each kit also burned to a CD still in its zipped format.
:::sigh::: i should probably go spend some time with my daughter while she isn't screaming. . . i haven't spent nearly enough time with her lately. she is so funny these days. she grabbed my cell phone out of my hand earlier so that she could talk to Aunt Angie. she loves going to aunt ashley's house, too. okay, i'm really going to get off here now . . ..

3 comments:

Robin said...

I can't believe pillows would cost that much! LOL!
I still refuse to believe that Hannah would act up! :) How could someone so cute misbehave! LOL!!!!! But then again, I have been shopping with Taylor recently and that was one of the most embarassing days of my life! Pulls stickers off everything, throws signs, thows fits! Not fun!

otismiller said...

My head is reeling from reading about your computer scrapbooking. I think you muxt be a genius! I am thinking that I always thought that when I came out to visit that I would go around and see the sights. Now I think I will just leave Brian home and come out and just sit in the room with your computer so you can teach me all the magic that you know!

chrissy said...

Isn't it funny that we can't possibly justify spending money on ourselves, even a small amount, and we feel guilty when we do, but when it comes to our kids it becomes, "Oh, it's only twenty bucks" or "but Carter would look so cute in those sandals even though he has three more pairs"!

I just started reading "Confessions of a Slacker Mom" by Muffy Mead-Ferro. I'm loving that book! It's funny to laugh about all the stuff I'm usually so stressed out about!