Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Gandolfo's. . .

I am seriously craving a South Hampton minus the cheese from Gandolfo's. . . and not just any Gandolfo's, THE Gandolfo's in the basement of the building on Center Street in Provo, Utah. Gandolfo's is a New York style deli hidden in the basement of a totally unsuspecting bank on a boring street in Happy Valley, USA. Some of my best college memories are in that restaurant. Pretty pathetic, eh, Mary! Mary knows, she was there with me through those years! :) And a South Hampton. . . yum! Boar's Head Oven Roasted turkey with provolone (back in my cheese-eating days!) and mayo and lettuce, tomato, onion & avocado! And their bread! Wow! It is so soft and always still warm from the ovens. There are Gandolfo's chains all over Utah Valley and Salt Lake now, but the original deli is the best. I am sure that there are chains all over the country, but to me, the original is in Provo. That is on my list of places to go when I get out there. We are going to have rent a car with unlimited mileage between my trips to Provo for Gandolfo's subs & BYU Creamery's chocolate milk for Thomas & their tiny loaves of honey wheat bread! And a trip to the cabin. I realized the other day that the only time Hannah has seen mountains is when she watches Dora the Explorer! That is so sad to me! I know she'll go running for the river, though! I am really homesick for Utah and I really don't even like Utah... with the exception of friends and family of course! who am i kidding? i don't have any friends in utah anymore, they are all family! okay, enough reminiscing! i am going to go see how much flights to Utah are!

2 comments:

Aleisha said...

YEAH!!!!! GO UTAH....lol Hey, when are you guys going? I'll be there the whole month of june. That would be great if we could see you guys. You could finally meet kyler and we could meet hannah. Stu will be out to sea, so going home for the month. I think utah has the best resturants anyways. We always have a long list of places everytime we go home. Ahhh, now you have me missing home...lol

Mary said...

Hmmm, maybe I'll go drive down to Provo. Gandolfos sounds SO good right now. I'd send one to you if I thought it'd stay good. But... I guess i'll just have to keep them all for myself. :) I'm evil.