Thursday, May 25, 2006

Rain, rain, go away...

No! Don't!!! We need rain so bad and it finally started raining just to stop like 2 minutes later... no kidding, 2 minutes of rain. it has been thundering and lightening for the last 4 hours. crazy!

so, plane tickets to utah are still way too expensive. i saw some for $209 this morning and then i checked the availability, but you had to stay for like 33 days because the return flights were all sold out. plus when you could return you had a four hour layover in newark, the murder capitol of the country! gee, no thanks! :) so then i found some for $219 and the dates kind-of worked. we'd have to stay 12 days, which would be good with us, but we don't want to over-stay our welcome anywhere, but we decided to go ahead and do it. So, I got ready to check out and with taxes and fees the tickets were over $300 each! once again, no thanks!

so, ashley and i spent all day looking at apartments... YIKES! they are so expensive! i found a 2 bedroom, 1 bath apt with 1100 square feet for $1030-$1080 depending on which one is available. i prefer the bottom floor, parking lot view apartments, so hopefully they will have one of those coming soon. those are the cheap ones! :) the complex is really nice and the apartments are REALLY nice. They make our old apartment look kind of dumpy! but, $1050 (average) is a lot of money to throw away on an apartment each month. so i looked at another complex that is about 5 steps down, but is still not dangerous... For a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment with 1200 sq ft, $1050. The bathrooms are tiny, the fixtures are outdated, they have metal louvered doors instead of wood, the kitchen is so tiny you can't face the sink when you are loading the dishwasher. You have to turn sideways at the sink... I think we are going to go with the 2 bed 1 bath... it'll be kind of inconvenient, especially with Hannah learning to potty-train, though. I just don't know what to do. Would someone please make this decision for me??? We were thinking about buying something, but we don't really qualify for what we want right now. We should be able to next year at this time. we could get a 2 bed 2 bath at the same complex for $1170. this place is so awesome! check it out if you get really bored! http://www.theenclave-apts.com
The other one is Danforth...
http://www.apartments.com/avgrandtour.aspx?page=avgrandtour&property=103035.21.3&subarea7=y&area3=y&state=fl&rgn1=15&rent_minimum=0&rent_maximum=99999&srt1=0.62&srt2=0.87&srt3=0.09&prvpg=43#photos

The photos of Danforth actually look nicer than they really are... anyway, that's what we have been up to!
I haven't scrapbooked in DAYS and I am really far behind on my RAKScraps assignments. I made a digital scrapbooking kit and I couldn't get it to save correctly, so now I have to start over... argh! oh well!

2 comments:

chrissy said...

I got all excited as I was reading your post! It sounded like you were coming! Now I'm sad.

Good luck apartments hunting. When I have time I'll have to go check the sites out... but for now it's off to do visiting teaching!

BTW- Jen is now a flogger! I linked her on my site.

Aleisha said...

I like the Enclave. Stu said if we were to end up back there, that is probably where we will be going. But were most likely going to spain or Hawaii. You never know with the military though. Bummer, that would have been cool if you could have gone, then I could have seen ya. Good luck with apt. hunting and finding tickets. There out there, ya just gotta fine them. Try cheap tickets or hotwire. Goodluck =o)