Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Okay, Hannah is being a complete terror right now. She has been cranky for the last two days, since she got her flu shot. She fell asleep in the car on the way home from the grocery store earlier and now won't take another nap. She has gotten two timeouts in the last 20 minutes and is heading for #3. She taking all of her fruitsnacks out of a bowl and throwing them on the coffee table. I told her to put them back in the bowl, we'll see if she does it.

The weather totally stinks today and that is not helping matters any. I have a horrible headache and no Pepsi to make it all better. I tried to drink a Coke today, but it made me so sick. I prefer Coke, but my body doesn't handle it so well when I am pregnant. My aunt, the Pepsi Queen, left last night to move back to Chicago... so no after-work Pepsi delivery for me tonight! I'll get one tomorrow morning. We were planning to take Hannah to the pumpkin patch this morning, but it has been raining ALL day. So we will probably take her tomorrow evening, although I really want to go during the day so we can get good photos. I wish we had someplace like Thanksgiving Point in Utah out here. We just don't have anyplace like that here. We do have a stinky, smelly alligator farm, but that isn't exactly the same thing.

And to answer some questions that I have been getting... I am a little over 12 weeks pregnant. I have been bleeding on and off for the last 6 to 7 weeks. I have already had 6 sonograms. I have another one scheduled for next Monday. We'll see if I end up waiting that long to go to the doctor. I started bleeding again this morning after a couple of days of not. I am hurting pretty badly. The doctor can't do anything to stop the bleeding, but they can at least show me that my baby is still safe and healthy. They finally decided that the reason I am bleeding is because I have a bloodclot behind the placenta, where the placenta started to tear away from the wall. The bloodclot basically has to drain. The catch is that the more active I am, the more it fills up. With its current size, it isn't a danger to me or the pregnancy. But, if it gets bigger it could hurt the baby or both of us. So, I am not supposed to lift Hannah. I am not supposed to vacuum. I am supposed to be down more than I am up. I can't do my own grocery shopping. I can't ride in a car for long. I just hurt constantly. And I am having to do too much to take care of Hannah. Thomas is working long hours so he isn't home to help too much. My mom has been out of town more than she has been in town lately. so i am just doing the best i can on my own. my sister has been a big help, but she has her own life and family to deal with.

well, the sun is finally trying to peek out, but it is still raining. and hannah is screaming because she wants to watch Blues Clues with Steve, not Joe. she just almost made herself throw up. she is such a drama queen. we may hit double digit time outs tonight... i am so tired.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

:(

We'll be praying for you and my little nephew!

Aleisha said...

Awww, I hope you get the rest your in need of. If I could help I would. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. In the mean time, put hannah down for a nap and take on yourself. I say that all the time, but I never get to. Hope you get feeling better soon!!!