Thursday, October 26, 2006

a movie review & more

Yesterday was a really good day! Thomas was off work. So, we dropped Hannah off at Grandma's house. Then we hung out and went on a DATE! We went to see the new Robin William's movie, Man of the Year. Don't waste your money! The previews portray the movie as a hilarious comedy. So, that is what we were expecting. And the first 45 minutes of the movie were absolutely HILARIOUS! Then, they threw in a drama for the next hour and ruined the movie. The female lead is played by Laura Linney (she played the cop in The Mothman Prophecy) . She plays the character very well, but the character is very poorly written. She is the dumb annoying girl who should know better. She is supposedly a computer genius, but she can't figure out that the evil company she works for can track her if she logs into their computer mainframe???? Anyway... needless to say, we were pretty disappointed. I will NOT purchase the DVD. I will NOT rent the movie. If it comes on TV, I will watch the first 45 minutes and then change the channel. If you live in Utah and the land of $1 movies, it *might* be worth it, if you go on $0.50 night. We went to a matinee and spent $6.50 per ticket. Thankfully, we had a gift card, but I wish we had waited and gone to see a different movie, maybe closer to Christmas. I honestly would have preferred a nap at home to that movie. The language wasn't that great... They dropped the "F"bomb twice. And didn't try to disguise it. There is some sexual humor. But most of that is what you see in the previews. No nudity or sex scenes at least. Anyway...

I am going to be babysitting today. Hopefully Hannah will be nice to the little girl. Hannah is not the nicest kid these days. I am also really wanting to bake. I have some bananas that need to be used, so I may bake some banana bread. I can't eat it, though, so I may have to make some Pumpkin bread, too! :)

Well, I better get going. I have to get some things done before Chloe gets here. Later...

3 comments:

Audimc said...

LOL Thanks for the review. I rarely get to go to movies anymore, so when I do I always hope it's a good one! Good to know this one isn't!! I hope Hannah does well with the other kiddo!

jane said...

Thanks for the movie critique meredith!! jess and i dont get out very often and we were going to waste a "date" on that movie!!
you saved us, lol...and now we will wait for the video!!!
gotta say, i really love your blog!! your banner rocks!

chrissy said...

We saw it Tuesday, and I actually really liked it...Different strokes for different folks!