Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I planted a garden today!!!

I am so excited! I planted a little tiny garden today! We love fresh tomatoes, so this morning my mom and i went to Lowes and bought a bunch of HUGE plastic pots and a TON of really heavy Miracle Gro and some plants. We got 2 yellow tomato plants, 3 Better Boy tomatoes, 1 Roma tomato and 1 eggplant vine. I love eggplant. I wanted to get a jalapeno plant, but they only came in packs of 9 and nobody needs that many jalapenos! So, IF I ever move, I get to take one yello tomato, one Better Boy tomato, one Roma tomato and 1 eggplant vine! along with all my other poor little plants. I have to go to walmart tomorrow and get more miracle gro soil and a couple more pots and rocks. We were two pots short (we thought we already had some big ones) and a couple of bags of soil short, too. I need to re-pot my jasmine, too. Ugh! Not looking forward to more heavy bags! AND we have to pull out most of the flowers in the front flower bed, too. They got killed by frost this winter. We are going to sod almost up to the big tree. I love working outside on a lawn when it isn't 10000 degrees. It was 81 here today, but there was NO humidity, so it was super nice!

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Good for you! President Kimball would be proud!

I hated tomatoes growing up. They absolutely disgusted me. Now I love them! I'm still not crazy about canned tomatoes, but I LOVE fresh tomatoes on everything! Jill and I split a fresh tomato and basil pasta tonight and it was divine!