Monday, March 13, 2006

Cleaning Lady. . .

guess what! I am now a part-time cleaning lady! My little bro is buying a bunch of investment properties and I am his personal cleaner. I just started a 3000+ square foot house today. It is going to take me a LONG time to get it clean, probably all week. It looks clean on the surface but I don't think the previous owners ever deep cleaned. Plus Jacob has been doing some renovations so there is dust everywhere. I almost burned up my vacuum on sheetrock dust. The house is 2 stories and I had Hannah with me today. She did good going up stairs, but she had some problems going down! I told her not to get near the stairs, but she just laughed at me and started trying to climb down anyway. I threw the duster over the railing and ran after her, but by then she had already rolled halfway down the staircase. Okay, it was only about 4 shallow stairs! She cried for a minute and clung to me and then she was fine. No bumps or bruises. Nothing broken. I thought she would have learned her lesson, but NO! She tried to climb down again. I caught her on her second step down and locked her in one of the bedrooms with me. You can't have any open doors around that kid! It scared me to death! I need to get a baby gate to take with me to these houses. We don't have stairs, but most of these houses will.

3 comments:

chrissy said...

That's awesome! I couldn't live without those little gates with both my kids. The stairs to our basement are tile... scary!!! We've lived here for over 3 years and we've never had a serious tumble. I'm so afraid that one of the kids are going to slip and crack their head open!

Meredith said...

oh my goodness! i would be worried about me taking a tumble down tile stairs! i am a little klutzy!

chrissy said...

I've tripped a few times but luckily always caught myself. I'm sooo worried about it especially with my day care baby who's starting to cruise. We have a gate up right now but it's still scary. We want to pad and carpet them, but we just don't have any extra money right now. LIFE! What do you do?