Friday, March 24, 2006

Digital Scrapbooking Post!

Wait! DON'T SKIP THIS POST!!!!! Okay, now that I have your attention, I will insert links to the websites where I am on the Creative Team!
RAKScraps
I am on the Events Team and the Sponsor Team. This means that I help plan chats and monthly scrapbook challenges to keep people motivated and help have fun at the site! The sponsor team is responsible for creating layouts each month with digital scrapbooking kits that are provided by the sponsors of RAKScraps. Each month we have two or three sponsors to create layouts for. We also write reviews of the kits for the RAKScraps newsletter. We have really awesome sponsors each month, so it is a LOT of fun! RAKScraps is a totally not-for-profit website, so there is no store at RAKScraps. The website is funded by donations and fundraiser kits that are sold at Scrapdish.
SaraAmarie @ 3Scrapateers
Three Scrapateers is a website that provides a store as well as a place to share layouts and enjoy challenges. I work only with SaraAmarie's digital kits. There are several designers who sell their work at this store, but I am exclusively on SaraAmarie's team. Each month I will create around 4 layouts from 2 of her kits. Her style is really different and I LOVE it!
Scrapdish
Yes, this is the same Scrapdish that is the main sponsor of RAKScraps! The owners and admin of RAKScraps are also the owners and admin at Scrapdish. The designers at Scrapdish are so amazing! They each have their own style and they complement each other. You can find almost any style at Scrapdish. Each month I will create 2 layouts per kit that I am given. I will usually get 2 kits per month. Sometimes I get to choose both kits I want to work with, sometimes I will be assigned one kit and choose one kit. Some people might be a little frightened about that, but I honestly don't think there are any kits at Scrapdish that I would not like. I made a list of kits I would like to work with last night and there were over 20 kits on that list! They were my absolute favorites!!! It could take me YEARS to work through them all! :) I may have to just suck it up and buy some of them! :)

These are my teams. They are all slightly different and I love them all for different reasons. Each designer puts their own heart and soul into their work and I like being able to get a sense of each of them! I LOVE digital scrapbooking. I got so tired of all the paper and the messes of paper scrapping. I do miss having completed pages in my hand at the end of the day. BUT, the good thing is that I can print a 4x6 "proof" of it and if I don't like it in print, I can change it before I spend money to have it printed! The cheapest place I have found to have my pages printed is $1.99 per page, unbound. I just got a coupon from My Publisher for 50% off any order over $100. Each page ends up being $.75 and it is bound into a book. The only problem is that the pages are 12" wide by 9" tall. That would work for my March book, but not for my earlier books where the pages are tall. I'll have to see what I can figure out. Some photo printing studios have sales occasionally for $.99 per print. That would be ideal. ..

2 comments:

chrissy said...

What about just going to costco or walmart and getting them printed off that way? don't they do 8.5 x 11?

Meredith said...

nope! and to get them printed larger and cut them down is $3 per page.