Wednesday, February 27, 2008

High Fructose Corn Syrup

Have you seen the Juicy Juice commercial with the kids in a play and the kids are all fruits and talk about growing on trees and then there's the kid who says "I'm high fructose corn syrup. And I've been chemically altered...."

I opened my kitchen cabinets on Monday and this is what I found... Lovely.


Everything on the middle and bottom shelves was coated with corn syrup. Everything is sticky. The lid of my soynut butter jar was covered in about 1/4 inch of corn syrup. Guess how I found that out??? Yep, went to pick the jar up by the lid and stuck my hand right in it. Apparently, my plastic jar of corn syrup leaked. Have no idea how. It wasn't upside down. Just leaning a bit to the side, but since the jar was almost empty, there is no way it could have gotten out up by the lid. There aren't any visible cracks in the bottle either. So, this one is a mystery folks!
And Hannah can't reach it, even standing on a stool!

6 comments:

RealRach said...

Oh yuck. And Hey....I see a box top for education on the cereal box! Save them for me if you don't need them! LOL

Have fun cleaning that one up! Just a few more days and you can forget all about life and just scrap!

Meredith said...

lol, Rach! I do save them for the pre-school that my daughter is going to next year. If something changes, I'll save them for ya! :)

Amber said...

aw man, that stinks. Maybe Humphrey did it.

Mary said...

I'll bet that was a blast to clean up... and by the way, I hate that commercial... The corn syrup guy is disgusting. (I realize he is supposed to be) but eeeewwwww...

chrissy said...

Ewwwww. I HATE cleaning up a sticky mess. It's the WORST.

John-E-Boi said...

It was Ninjas.