Sunday, February 10, 2008

BBQ Chicken & Black Bean Nachos

Thomas says that I like to eat Mexican food much more than he does. And that is probably true. It's just because it is just about the only flavorful food left that I can actually eat! ;) Thursday, I threw several chicken breasts in the crockpot with 1 cup Sprite and 1 cup water. Nothing else. Although, I probably should have thrown some onion & garlic in there, too. I put them in frozen. I let them "crock" for about four and a half hours. I took half of the chicken & all the juices out and put it in the fridge for chicken & potato pie (that I made last night). Then I shredded the remaining chicken and coated it lightly with KC Masterpiece Original BBQ sauce. We had BBQ chicken sandwiches that night for dinner. Today, we still had a bit of chicken left and I didn't want it to go bad, so I made it into nachos. SO GOOD! We were out of lettuce or it would have been a salad.

Layer chips in bottom of a pan.
Cover with shredded BBQ chicken.
Sprinkle black beans over the top.
Shred cheese (or soy cheese) over the top.
Bake at 400 degrees until the cheese is melted and the toppings are all hot.
Add fresh tomatoes, frozen corn, salsa, italian salad dressing.

YUM!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks Mere!! I actually just posted a new recipe that I tried tonight where I crock potted chicken. I'd never done it before! And I literally had the thought... how would I just crockpot chicken by itself... THANKS!! Now I know! It'll have to be 6 hrs though because I'm at work that long. ;)
I'll have to try your nachos.

chrissy said...

Yum. We love nachos, any kind. We eat them twice a week because they're so easy!