Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fun Email... Southern Friends vs Friends

Now, not all of you may know that except that for the time I have lived in Utah (about 5 years total) I always lived south of the Mason Dixon line... and about 8 years of that time was in Mississippi, Tennessee or Kentucky. So, I consider myself a southerner, I just don't have an accent. So, read and enjoy. Thanks, Becky, for forwarding this to me.

FRIENDS" VS. "SOUTHERN" FRIENDS


FRIENDS: Never ask for food.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Always bring the food. And lots of it.


FRIENDS: Will say "hello".
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will give you a big hug and a kiss. More than one.


FRIENDS: Call your parents Mr. and Mrs.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Call your parents Mom and Dad, and often.


FRIENDS: Have never seen you cry.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Cry with you. And for you.


FRIENDS: Will eat at your dinner table and leave.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will spend hours there, talking, laughing, and just being together. Then do the dishes before leaving.


FRIENDS: Know a few things about you.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Could write a book with direct quotes from you. And most of the time know you better than you do yourself.



FRIENDS: Will leave you behind if that's what the crowd is doing. SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will kick the whole crowds' back-ends that left you. Then walk beside you in the front of the crowd.


FRIENDS: Would knock on your door.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Walk right in and say, "Are you home?" If you are not home they will wait.


FRIENDS: Are for a while.
SOUTHREN FRIENDS: Are for life. And then some.


FRIENDS: Might ignore this.
SOUTHERN FRIENDS: Will forward this to all their Southern Friends Without hesitation



2 comments:

Mary said...

LOL! Oh my goodness I love it!! The knocking on the door/ walk right in is my favorite. Because if you're not home - they'll wait IN your house. :)

chrissy said...

I know it's weird, but I always think of you as a "Utahn" (SP?) because that's where I met you, that's where I know you from!