Friday, May 25, 2007

ugh...

My life is PROOF that God has a sense of humor! :) So, as of last weekend our plan was to leave here in three weeks and Thomas was hoping to start work mid-June in Utah. This was going to be perfect timing as our lease is up in our apartment and they were going to start construction on our building in July and we didn't want to be here for it. Plus, there is a Father's Day breakfast at church on June 9th that I do NOT want to be here for, but that's a different story all by itself.

As of today...
The job that Thomas was hoping to start in mid-June has now pushed back its training until mid-July. But he needs to be in Utah during June to start the hiring process.
Our lease is still up at the end of June, but we may or may not be able to leave until July due to health insurance concerns. So, we may be "homeless" for a few days.
Our building is now going under construction on TUESDAY, more than a month ahead of schedule. So, I have to make sure that all of our pictures and mirrors and shelves and wall-hangings of any kind are removed from our walls by Tuesday morning. They are removing all of the stucco and siding from our buildings and replacing all of the studs. I am a bit concerned about clothes rack in my closet because it is secured in the studs. The noise was loud enough when they were working on the building next door. I can't even imagine how loud it will be in here all day long every single day with them actually working on our building! And the entire place will be covered in plastic. I don't even want to think about the bugs and lizards and critters that our open walls will be exposed to. Eek!
And now I don't know if I will be at the breakfast or not. Last year we cooked breakfast for all the kids at church and their dads. We planned enough food for more people than we had and we still ran out! Who would think that little tiny kiddos would eat that much bacon and eggs and pancakes? We had kids taking five and six pieces of bacon along with four or five pancakes and a heaping helping of scrambled eggs. And those were the little kids!

Who was it who said that if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans? It's true! We need to sit down and make a list and decide what to do. So, oh wonderful family of ours... we may not be coming until July now. ugh! hence the title of my post... the good news is that I spent another hour or so in the garage this evening and got rid of a BUNCH more stuff... two full bins of stuff to either be thrown away or donated to Goodwill. And I have two bins of paper that will all most likely be shredded. I am about 1/4 of the way through my garage now!

love y'all!

5 comments:

chrissy said...

Oh, man! That sucks. All of it! The delay in the move, the construction, the breakfast, ugh indeed! I'm sure it'll all work itself out...

Aleisha said...

I am sorry you guys are going through a not so fun rough patch, but everything will work out. I know the feeling about telling god your plans. I feel like I get laughed at everyday. Right now nothing seems to be going our way, but hopefully with a lot more prayers, things will start working out. =o) good luck, will keep you guys in our prayers.

Mary said...

I'm sorry! That stinks!!! And what a mess to have to live in for a whole month while they renovate your apartment. no fun. Keep trudging along. It'll happen - just obviously not without a few bumps along the way.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jan said...

Hang in there,Meredith. This to shall pass. Praying for you all! ;)