Tuesday, May 22, 2007

my dad would be so pleased!

i am two classes short of getting my bachelor's degree... two boring history classes! since we are moving back to utah, i have the opportunity to finish the classes on one of the actual school campuses rather than trying to finish over the internet. i can take one of the classes during summer term and the last class by the end of december... a mere ten years after i started classes! my dad has been trying to get me to finish my classes for the last five years. i have tried, i really have. i've enrolled in the online courses and just can't learn the information. both of the classes i need are offered at the salt lake campus of byu. the summer term will be difficult. the class is offered tuesday and thursday nights from 7 to 10pm. 6 hours a week! but only for 6 weeks. and it will require some serious study time. but i think i am going to try to get in the class. i have to call and get permission since i am no longer technically a student at byu. we'll see what happens!

3 comments:

RLH said...

I took a couple of classes when I went back to finish my degree after baseball, and they are so kick back at the SLC extension. The classes never went as long as they said, and the teachers had "i'ts the summer" attitudes- if you get my drift.

chrissy said...

good for you! wouldn't that be nice- the feeling of "ah, i'm finally done!" let us know if you need a sitter...

Mary said...

I love, love, loved the SL center. I took several classes there - but one that might help you was History of Creativity. I doubt my professor still teaches - but it was probably my favorite class at BYU.