Wednesday, May 30, 2007

disaster area

My apartment could officially be considered a disaster area! :) My dining room wall is stacked with boxes and bins. There are piles of things stacked to be taken to Goodwill. There are piles of empty boxes and bins waiting to be filled. We are officially leaving this apartment on Friday, June 8th. Thomas and his brother Greg and his brother-in-law Ryan are going to be driving to Utah in the truck and/or car. I am flying to Chicago on Saturday morning. My flight leaves at the crack of dawn! I'll be there for a little over two weeks while Thomas goes out to Utah and gets things set up and starts looking for work.

I am having a hard time packing things. We have a bunch of different packing criteria... storage, front of storage (my skinny clothes!), to go to Greg & Leslie's (a very small pile!), to go to Chicago (an even smaller pile), Goodwill, trash. It seems pretty straight-forward. But most of the stuff that is going to Greg & Leslie's is the stuff that we are using now. So we can't pack that until the very last minute. I am sorting through the kids' clothes and trying to figure out the seasons and which clothes will work. And going through Hannah's toys is a nightmare. That kid remembers every single toy and asks where they are when I try to pack them. I am going to have to pack her stuff while we are loading the truck! :) I am making progress, though. All of the decorations from Hannah's bathroom, the kitchen and the family room are down and packed. I started packing the dishes we don't need right now. All of the DVDs are packed and so are most of the books. It is mostly just clothes, dishes, bedding and misc stuff that needs to be packed. I can get it done in a week. Right? I certainly hope so...

4 comments:

Aleisha said...

YEAH!!!!! We'll try and have a big sign up for when they pull in. "WELCOME TO UTAH, CARDALL'S...FINALLY!!!" lol =o)

Sislers said...

This totally brings back memories for when Greg and I had to move out of our condo in Taylorsville. We closed on our condo and moved out in 2 days!! If you've got a week to finish up, you can totally do it. It wasn't any fun, but it's possible.

RLH said...

Me n Greg are looking forward to the roadie with Thomas. It was definately smartest to have you fly. Don't stress about the mess cuz it'll all be over soon with a nice fresh start out here! See you soon

Mary said...

Sara and Kyle are moving that day too! Must be something in the air. Good luck!!! With everything that you have done in the last 2 weeks, you can do anything. Honestly, I'm not sure how you did it. I'm so excited to see you!! YEAH!!