Tuesday, May 08, 2007

quite intimidating....

okay. i am starting to feel intimidated by the thought of moving. i started looking around again today at apartments in sandy. they are either really cheap or really expensive! anyone ever heard of Liberty Heights apartments? They are at 8176 S 1300 E. They were the only complex I found listed in the Trib. I need to look at apartments.com and places like that. I guess it is a bit premature to be looking for an apartment, if I am not even sure when we are moving! We are 99.9% sure that we are moving to Utah. Thomas needs to talk to Mike about a job again. And we need to be able to afford to get out there and get into a new place. It make sense to move out there in June. Then Thomas may even be able to get into school in the fall. Although, we haven't filled out the first financial aid form. So much to do. Tomorrow is Thomas' day off work, so hopefully we'll get some decisions made at least! baby steps.... and i am keeping track of all these offers to help us move! :) i am going to start sorting through things tomorrow when thomas can be home to help take care of the girls. wish me luck!

9 comments:

Sislers said...

Well as Greg has offered before, you're welcome to our downstairs for as long as you need. You'd have a room for you two and a room for the girls. Plus the downstairs family room.
We're in the middle of remodeling, but we could use some motivation to finish...if you get what I'm saying ;)
Think about it...

Aleisha said...

WOO HOO...guess nagging works, and not just on husbands LOL, sorry, just happy your moving out by your family, you would have so much fun here and your girls would have so many kids to play with. I hope we get to see you before we go. If theres anything I can do to help, please let me know. =o)

RLH said...

You should talk to Jen- she's been looking at apartments for herself around here the last couple of weeks so she would likely know a lot about whats out there right now. If you dont feel great about anything you find online thats a pretty sweet offer from Greg and Leslie. That would eliminate the stress of finding a place immediately. With a little patience I'm sure you could find exactly what you are looking for.

Mary said...

I would do that - go live in the basement for a month so that you can be out here to apartment shop yourself and actually see what kind of place it is.
I would also suggest trying a duplex or townhouse type place. We didn't live in an actual 'complex' for our second apartment and I almost liked that better. They're hard to pick through in the paper sometimes (especially with neighborhoods) but can be totally worth it if you find the right one.

Meredith said...

very good ideas! jim said we could stay with them for a little bit, too. thomas says that he wants to stay here for a bit longer... maybe another 4 months to save more money. It makes sense, I am just ready to LEAVE!

chrissy said...

Staying wouldn't save money! You'd just keep paying rent since there's nobody you could move in with out there. And if you stay out there 4 more months you're just gonna end up staying out there forever! Freakin' move here already!!!

chrissy said...

And I wouldn't stay with Jim, although that's very nice of him to offer. I don't want to come right out and say why, but I'm pretty sure you know what I'm thinking...

RLH said...

Blog drama! I hope somebody doesn't read blogs Chrissy. :)

chrissy said...

HEY! It's nothing new that she doesn't know! Some people just shouldn't live in the same house! Or city! LOL