Friday, May 25, 2007

so proud of myself

we have been sick around here the last couple of weeks so my organization efforts have not gotten too far! yesterday we spent a little over an hour in the garage. i got rid of 3 full 33 gallon garbage bags of stuff... my old clothes, baby clothes that are too stained or worn out to pass on to Ainsley or anyone else. I managed to completely empty 5 entire bins! I know that doesn't sound like much, but at this rate I am getting rid of about 1/4 of everything in storage. And those are the bins that are going to be hardest to part with anything. I have a LOT more bins with junk that will be easier to part with. The good thing is that I don't have time to do another sort, so if I think I won't use it, I just get rid of it without stopping to really think about it. Thomas was trying to get rid of a bunch of winter baby clothes. I had to remind him that Utah has cold winters and we won't be able to afford new winter clothes for the girls. I am heading back down to the garage in a little bit to get rid of more stuff. It feels so good to get rid of old junk! I bet no one ever thought they would hear me say that! :)

4 comments:

chrissy said...

lol look at you go!

oh, so remember a while back i posted that i only had one or two sleepers for 0-6 months, and i started to panick? i don't know if i told you this or not but i am so excited because i found an XL bin of boy and girl 0-6 month clothes in our basement!!! yay! it's not much, but i thought i had NOTHING!!! at least now i'll have something to bring the baby home in besides a diaper :)

chrissy said...

actually, i haven't even bought a diaper yet :(

we'll have to sneak a few from the hospital if i can't get my act together. lol

Meredith said...

lol! we got 2 packs at the hospital! they kept refilling her cart! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, Meredith! You've really been busy! Hope everything goes smoothly with the move! Love all the layouts! :)