Thursday, June 15, 2006

Nothing important...

I don't really have anything important to say... I am currently backing up my harddrive. I try to do that at least once a week. I only have about 200 mb of space left on my harddrive. I have some major cleaning to do. My DVD burner is soooo sloooooow. At least it works now! :) Much better than a couple of months ago!
I went shopping today... bad, Meredith! I found about 10 dresses for Hannah, but I only got 3 of them (less than $10 each) and I get up to the register and my mom bought them for Hannah! that's always nice...
I am trying to find a duvet cover for my room and I just can't find anything I love. I have 2 full size quilts in storage that are blue & ivory toile. I am thinking about sewing them together and just using those for a while. I don't know if it will work or not... I am thinking about going to another TJ Maxx across town and seeing if they have a blue & green paisley sheet set in king size. They had it in queen size at the store close to us today... I have wanted it for months and I didn't get it because I didn't need it. Now I do, so it's gone! :) Just my luck! actually, my mom has a duvet cover that she bought at pottery barn a couple of years ago, that she isn't using. my sister has it at her house, but she doesn't like it, so I am probably going to take it from her and find something for her... she doesn't think i'm serious about stealing the duvet cover off her bed... she doesn't know me as well as thinks she does... i hope you are reading this, ashley! i'm coming to get it!
I think I have watched Cinderella 4 times today... Hannah loves it! I have been trying to get caught up on my scrapbooking stuff so that I am not stressed at the end of the month with the big move... Two more weeks.................. I don't think I can wait! :) The hard part is that I know we could be living there already, but we wanted to save the extra $500... I may have to go check out the key and see it again next week. Maybe I'll take my mom to see it and she can help me envision where to put everything. I just want to move everything in on the first, but Thomas can't get off work. And Thomas doesn't want to ask people to help us on July 4th.. I think it's perfect because we could do it during the day. And my cousin would be here to help. He works out of town on Wednesday and Thursdays...
Yes, Steph, Michael is home now! You need to come see him! :) just kidding! I actually want to set up my cousin, Michael, with Shelby's sunday school teacher. She is a cute girl and I think they would get along well. He would kill me if I tried! He is so shy!
I better get going. My DVD is done and Hannah is driving me crazy and Thomas is on his way home from work!

3 comments:

chrissy said...

I think it would be okay to ask family to help you move on the 4th. I would limit it to an hour and a half or so, then people still have the whole day to relax and play. But that way you could have help moving the really big things like dressers and couches and mattresses.

Meredith said...

oh, chrissy, you've never helped us move, have you? :) we have to fill up a large UHaul and still make a couple of trips with my dad's truck. the good thing this time is that half of everything is going straight into the garage and not even coming up the stairs! gotta love that!

chrissy said...

No, no, I'm not expecting to move EVERYTHING in a few hours, but just having people there to move a few big things that take more than you and Tom would be helpful.