Monday, June 12, 2006

Moving is Expensive!

I have started making a list of things we will need when we move and I am starting to feel overwhelmed! We really want to paint, because the walls are pretty scuffed up. We want to just paint a very light tan color or a darker beige. We want to stick with a yellowish tan or beige so that the light reflects off the walls rather than soaking up all the light, making the room smaller. We just want to paint the living room, dining area and solarium. We would like to paint Hannah's room a white paint with a pink tint in it. I don't think that's going to happen.
Plus, there are no overhead lights or fans. So, if we want ceiling fans, we have to put them in. I found some at Home Depot for $20 each... they are small and white and ugly, but they work. We'll have to put in 3 of them. It is cheaper to buy ceiling fans than the large oscillating fans. I don't know if they are going to let us do any of this stuff.
The cabinets are really narrow, so I am going to have to buy new glasses so that they fit in my cabinets. I am just going with some cheap ones from KMart or Target. Then I made a preliminary grocery list and about died! We used up all of our food storage before we moved out of our last apartment, so we are down to just a few cans of beans and that's about it! But our new pantry is tiny, so we don't have to worry about buying too much to fill it up! :) We are just going to have to make menus and only buy the stuff we need for those meals. But the big expenses are going to be garbage bags, paper towels, toilet paper, aluminum foil, sandwich bags, etc... I am not buying anything else that I don't absolutely have to have this month! :) I don't care how cheap those Laura Ashley dresses get... TJ Maxx is having a big clearance on their spring dresses and they have Laura Ashley's for $7 and dropping... nope! i don't need anymore! :) I'm moving out! I'm moving out! Yea!

No comments: