Tuesday, February 27, 2007

today...

I did something productive today... I took Hannah to playgroup! The playgroup from church met at a park VERY close to my house, so I decided to just go. I am so glad that I did. There were several moms there who hadn't been before, so it was nice. Hannah didn't really play with any of the other kids, but she got to run and play for 2 hours while I chatted with other adults and played with my baby! So much fun! It was 80 degrees today and we both have a little bit of a sunburn. VERY NICE! Especially considering that we were freezing last week! and we haven't done anything else productive all day! :) hannah and i have been playing and she is currently napping. so i am catching up on my emails and blogging and watching tyra. okay, i really don't like tyra's interview skills, but she has interesting people on her show. AND I like that she is not ashamed of who she is and what she looks like. She looks amazing to me... she looks like a real person, with a little meat on her perfect bones. i guess it is just that her interviews are more like two girls just hanging out, rather than having much substance to them. I think I am too used to watching news channels. I have never been a talk show person. I like Ellen, too, though... not a huge Oprah fan.

I should probably be cleaning my house or doing laundry, but I really just want to chat! I have been looking at different apartments around here online. We just can't stay where we are next year. As much as I don't want to move, we just can't live on the second floor. Hannah loves to jump and dance and sing and she just can't do that. the nasty people downstairs starting banging on the ceiling the other night at 7:30pm... hello????? it's only 7:30! i can't even think about having to deal with keeping my 2 year old quiet all the time with a newborn to take care of. Who knows? Maybe we'll just bag it all and move to Utah! That is actually what I really want to do, but we have to do what is best for our family. But don't get too excited Chrissy and Leslie, if we did move out there, it would probably be to Provo or American Fork, somewhere cheap, close to BYU. Ugh! I hate Provo.

So, I have gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks... I have to go have kidney and liver function blood tests to make sure that everything is okay. and i am on a LOW sodium diet for 2 weeks to see if that helps. If not, they are going to have to start watching me for toxemia. The doctor was concerned because she thought I had gained 10 lbs in a month, when I told her that it had only been TWO WEEKS, she kind of freaked out on me. I got a major interrogation about my diet. I have actually been eating better. although I did have corndogs one night last week and I had fried rice another night (made with low-sodium soy sauce!) and then I had chicken nuggets another night... so I did have more sodium than usual, but not 10 pounds worth. I can totally feel the extra weight, too. When I kneel down on the carpet to pick something up, when I stand up, I have carpet marks on my legs for an hour or more. I don't really look swollen like last time, though. My arms and my thighs are swollen and my love handles are pretty big. but that could be from all the chocolate cake I ate! :) not much sodium there! BEWARE: KoolAid singles packets have splenda in them. I found that out today. I drank one at the park and have had a terrible headache all day from it.

Okay, I am going to stop rambling now and go make some dinner for Hannah and I. Actually I am going to go reheat what I made last night and didn't get around to eating. Feel free to chat back at me since I just keep on talking and talking and talking...

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

Move on over to utah, they have a TON of dealerships here. Plus, having family closer is always a bonus. Hope everything is ok with you and the baby!! Its great to check out your LO's each time you post them. Gives me ideas on what to do for mine as well. Now if I could just get some done.

chrissy said...

Woo Hoo! We've got another supporter for Utah on our side!

Mary said...

I third that! My sister lived in Provo and I still saw her more often than not. We get out to Marys every few months... so we'd still see you even if you lived down in "Hickville/Mormonville/The Bubble". Its a heck of a lot better than the situation now! I've never even MET Hannah!!! Keep us updated on your pregnancy... that sounds kind of scary with toxemia and all... I hope it gets better!