Wednesday, February 28, 2007

suddenly sleepy!

Hannah and I got up this morning a little before 8 and got Thomas off to work and then came home and ran around like crazy to attempt to leave the house at 9:15... at 9:45, we finally left the house and ran up to Thomas' work to take him a drink and then ran by Walgreens because I suddenly had a terrible headache pop up and of course, I didn't have any sinus medicine with me. Then we went to the church and started redecorating the kids' Primary room. Our theme for this year is Dear to the Heart of the Shepherd. So, our room is decorated in red hearts and sheep. We cut out and stamped sheep on red pieces of paper, laminated them, and wrote each child's name on them. Then we hung them from the ceiling, suspended by red fishing line. It took longer than we expected, so we still aren't even close to being done. Our Primary room isn't big enough for all of our kids (we have an average of 75 kids each week) so we have to position our piano by the back door, facing into the room... makes it REALLY loud. So, we got some faux sherpa to cover the back of the piano and hopefully muffle the sound a bit. We also got some cream flannel to cover the front bulletin board. We have black gingham cardstock letters to decorate the bulletin board. We are also getting a black tablecloth for the little round table we have up front. If we have enough Sherpa left over we are going to cover the table, too. We'll see what happens. I think I have some red poppies somewhere that I may take in so that we have something for the table. Anyway... we had to leave the church just after one because today is an early release day at school and the other two ladies had to pick their kids up at school. Hannah and I got home and I fed Hannah lunch and then sat down on the kitchen floor with a sponge and a bucket of Mr Clean. I was going to just wipe down the floor because I haven't done it yet this week... big mistake! I was sitting there on the floor and glanced up at the cabinet and saw a drip of barbeque sauce from last night's dinner. I wiped it off and noticed that the entire cabinet was dirty. So, I cleaned it and then looked at the cabinet next to it. Dirty, too. I swear I just did this a couple of weeks ago! So, I ended up scrubbing the outsides of the cabinets from top to bottom, the underneath side of the over door... wow that gets nasty! The fridge and the counters. Then I started on the floor. The bucket of cleaner was still pretty clean, so I decided to clean the bathroom floors. Then i noticed how dirty my shower floor was. So, I scrubbed that, too. Then decided that even though I usually scrub my bathrooms on Thursdays, I could go ahead and do that today. So, I scrubbed both bathrooms from top to bottom. I glanced into Hannah's room and realized that I forgot to make her bed this morning. So, I went in and made her bed and noticed that her room really needs organized. Then I felt myself thinking about that book "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" and I stopped! :) I sat down on the couch a few minutes ago and realized that I am EXHAUSTED! I still have a billion things to do, but at least I was able to cross a couple of things off my lists! And I organized my pantry yesterday! That was such a relief! Now I just have about 5 other closets to go! I'm getting there. I am really hoping that Hannah will fall asleep and then I can take a nap. She looks sleepy... We have to head back over to the church later and finish up the decorating.

I am going to be teaching a bunch of people here about digital scrapbooking. I am so excited. I have to figure out what to teach them first. I got a really cool new kit from Traci Reed yesterday. It comes out tomorrow at ACOT and I LOVE it. It isn't something I would ordinarily scrap with, but it was so much fun! It was perfect for our park photos from yesterday, too! I'll post a few layouts I did with it last night. I was able to get 4 totally different layouts from it... not something I am usually very good with.

Anyway... that's about it for now. Hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Geez woman! You're freakin' pregnant! Take a break! :)

By the way, you should read my blog soon...