Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's been a while

Things have been really hectic around here the last few days. I have been extra-tired for some reason and have had horrible sinus headaches. And of course, Hannah has been a real gem! She has been so funny and so entertaining, but so needy and so clingy and so cranky!

Have you ever had one of those days when you just don't think you can make it through one more day of poopy diapers or microwave one more chicken nugget? I've had a full week of those days! I was reading a post by a friend of mine, Gina, and she included a link to post that I think all mothers and mothers-to-be should read.

http://rocksinmydryer.typepad.com/shannon/2007/01/to_the_young_mo.html


When Hannah was a baby, I was tired all the time, but I never had days like these. I was so grateful to be a mother and to finally have a baby to hold in my arms. If the house didn't get clean, it was okay, I'd get to it the next day or when Hannah was sleeping. And I thought Hannah didn't sleep much back then... she sleeps less now! I am so exhausted all the time now. I am always sick. Hannah always needs Mommy. I can't even go to the grocery store without feeling like I am going to have a mental breakdown just trying to keep track of my child. She is at the point where she can climb out of the cart and if I try to just hold her hand, she runs away. Needless to say, we don't leave the house much anymore. How am I ever going to keep track of Hannah and take care of a little baby at the same time? On much less sleep than I am already getting? With a husband who is home even less because he is going to be starting school again? With a daughter who repeatedly tells me that she doesn't want a baby coming to live at her house? One minute at a time, and when one more minute seems like it is too long, one second at a time. Through a lot of prayer and deep-breathing and a LOT of phone calls to my mom and sisters! Thank goodness for unlimited long distance!

I hope I didn't scare anyone away from having kids or having a second child. I just wish that I had known I would have days like this and that some days I would spend as much time crying as my toddler! Consider yourselves all warned by me! :)

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

It gets better I promise. Rylan didnt want kyler at first and was a little jealous. But now there best friends and it actually gives me more time to myself because he has someone to play with and give him attention. As for the crying, I still have those days. I know how you feel with the husband gone all the time, with him being in Iraq. Going to the temple a lot latley has helped. I am finally in a place I can actually go and have someone I trust watch my kids. So to make a long story short...lol, It gets better!!!! =o)

chrissy said...

hang in there, it does get better over time!

Mary said...

I can't offer the 'it gets better' advice, because I'm not there yet, but you can add me to that call list. I always know how to listen.