Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Love Day!

I haven't blogged or scrapbooked in about a WEEK! I am having serious withdrawals! BUT with good reason... last week we got our tax return back and went out and bought a new laptop. YEA! Or so I thought... In my mind, I opened the box and plugged it in and started playing! WRONG! I spent all day trying to get the wireless router set up... then Thomas spent another 2 or so hours on the phone with his brother, Super Greg, trying to get the new laptop and the old PC to talk to each other so that we could transfer my files to the laptop. Then I had to install all the software on the new laptop. I am just finishing that step up. Part of the big problem here is that the new laptop uses Windows Vista and it just doesn't work like XP. So, not only are we trying to learn an entire new way of using Windows, but some of the programs just don't work well in Vista. We can't get PS7 to install on the laptop, so I downloaded the free trial of CS2 and now I LOVE it and don't want to go back to PS7. So, I am probably going to have to buy CS2. YIKES! Not cheap at all! And it takes FOREVER to unzip files and you can only do one at a time. If there is a way to do it with more than one file at a time, I haven't figured it out yet. I am not a Vista fan yet... but I wasn't a huge fan of Windows 3.1 when it came out either, so I am sure that I will come around eventually. And my screen is NOT properly calibrated, so what I am seeing on my scrapbook pages on the laptop is NOT what they will look like when printed... that's not good! I was working with a kit yesterday that I thought was peach, then I tipped the screen a little farther back and realized that the kit was actually yellow! Oops! I am just going to have to do my color corrections on the desktop or plug the laptop into the monitor occasionally.

I am getting ready to start a couple of large scrapbooking projects. I need to get a LOT of pages done in the next 2 weeks so that I can get them printed for 50% off at MyPublisher.

That's about it for now. Hannah is throwing a tantrum and I think dinner may be burning... I'll update again soon!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Did you watch Joe? "Happy Love Day"? ;)
Chris just built us a computer over Christmas and I'm still trying to transfer files. Ugh... its such a pain. Thats great that you got a nice tax refund though. We're waiting for ours - and its all spent even though we don't even have it yet. (A big chunk of it bought our plane tickets for July...) $860. Ouch!

chrissy said...

yea!!! you finally got your laptop! now you have no excuses for a scrapbook weekend with your sister-in-laws (except of course what mary pointed out- plane tickets!)