Friday, February 17, 2006

What do I do at RAKScraps?

I have had several people ask me lately exactly what I do at RAKScraps. I am a member of the RAKScraps Creative Team, specifically the events team and the sponsor team. Basically, that means that each month I host at least 2 events at RAKScraps like a chat, a crop, a challenge, etc. I am the host for the Ad/ Layout Inspiration Challenge, I host the Scrapbooking Resolutions challenge, and I host a monthly chat on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at noon est. I also hlep out with any other activities or events that need covered. Also, each month, I get kits from our site sponsors and get to do at least 2 layouts per sponsor. One layout goes into the RAKScraps newsletter and the other gets posted in the RAKScraps Gallery. I love the events part of the team, but the sponsor part is my favorite. I LOVE to work with different designers. I am also currently hosting the RAKWeek postcard challenge and the Altered Altoid Tin Project. For the challenges and crops and chats that I host, I get to make the prize kit that gets handed out to participants and for chats, I hand out a freebie to everyone who attends. Freebies are usually mini-kits or paper-packs and prize packs are usually normal size kits with 5-10 papers and 3 different kinds of elements. Designing kits isn't my strong point, but I really enjoy it and I am working hard on it. I LOVE RAKScraps! It is a great community that is all about sharing and helping each other. I highly recommend taking a look at it if you are interested in digital scrapbooking! I am noticing that more and more of the scrapbooking magazines are including digital layouts. It is really becoming much more popular! I'll never go back to paper!

1 comment:

chrissy said...

That sounds like so much fun! Is it hard juggling Hannah and all the stuff you do at RAKScraps?

I think I would scrapbook a lot more if I didn't have all the paper and junk to clean up after. I'll have to start doing digital pages! Do you keep a digital book or do you print them all out?