Monday, February 20, 2006

"Tweeny" Boppers and their pre-teen hormones!

Yikes! I have never been so grateful for the Terrible Almost-Two's as I am today! My parents have been gone for about a week and we are watching my little sister. She is a great kid and she never causes any problems, but WOW! The last couple of days have been mood swing central at the Porter house. She misses Mom & Dad and she is bored out of her mind. She is older than the next door neighbor kids but they usually play well together. She really likes to "mother" them. Well, the neighbor kids have cousins (?) in town this week who are their same ages. So, they aren't so sweet to my overly-sensitive sister. They aren't mean to her, but they are just being just typical competitive kids. You know the whole "I can only have one best friend at a time" syndrome. Hannah is going through a pretty nasty phase right now where she likes to hit. Shelby doesn't really want to sit around and get hit all day, so she doesn't spend much time with Hannah. Shelby wants my undivided attention all the time, and gets mad when I don't pay enough attention to her. I feel really bad, but there are just a lot of demands on me right now. I am responsible for a lot of people right now. But Shelby makes Hannah look like a piece of cake! I will be much more appreciative of the terrible two's now!

No comments: