Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday ChitChat!

I need a vacation! I always wondered why my mom always said that when we were growing up. Now I know! I wish I could just fly away for a couple of days and scrapbook. The only problem is that I don't have a laptop and I would have a really hard time hauling my desktop around with me. The other problem is that I would have a really hard time leaving Thomas and Hannah. I'd miss the little punks!
There isn't much going on right now. I am trying to organize my scrapbooking stuff because I only have about 500 mb of storage left on my hardrive. And the darn DVD burner still isn't working. We are going to have to get one of those really soon! And maybe an external hardrive, too. Whaddya think, Tommy? Hannah isn't really cooperating right now, either. Her 4 eye-teeth are being really stubborn and won't come through and then one of her 2 year molars is beginning to make its way to the surface. She has had a low-grade fever the last 3 days now.
Did I mention that I got in a wreck on Wednesday? I was trying to back out of the parking space at the grocery store. The parking spaces are the angled kind. I was driving my dad's big black truck. I looked out the mirror and no one was coming, so I started going. Then this olllld lady in a big white Buick starts backing out. So I stopped. She looked over at me and kept backing up! Heeeeelllllooooo?!!! So she hit us. I am making it sound like it took a while to happen but the whole thing took about 5 seconds. I didn't have time to pull back in the spot before she hit us. Hannah and I are fine. We didn't even feel the truck move. i just heard the crunching and that is how I knew we were hit. I just got the sickest feeling in my stomach! As soon as I got out, I called the police and they sent an officer over. He said that because there were no independent witnesses and the old lady couldn't remember what happened (that's convenient!) that we were both at fault. He said that he would write the report so that it said that the evidence looked like the old lady was more at fault, but that we could have both been moving when the accident happened. If I was moving, too, then how did her taillight end up on top of my bumper! I was in a freaking HUGE truck! There is a small scratch on the truck bumper and the plastic over the bumper is scratched up from the trim around Crazy Old Lady's tail light. So that ought to fit right in our budget right now! Let's add getting the truck fixed to our list of "to-pay-for" items! Oh well! Life happens!

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Oh my gosh! That's horrible! I'm glad you guys weren't hurt. If the lady can't remember what happened 2 minutes into the past she shouldn't be driving!

Now about that vacation... my house is always open to guests, and we'll even let you borrow our laptop!