Wednesday, May 28, 2008

today...

Well, it's been a while since I blogged, so I thought I would send out an update!

It's been like old college buddy reunion month this month! One of my old freshman roomies found me (hi Amber!), a buddy from junior year (hi Ben!) and his wife (hi Gina!) found me & mary & subsequently reconnected us with another junior year roomie (hi Dana!), mary sent me an email earlier with a link to another college buddies' blog (hi Ryan!). It's kind of strange to talk to all of these people that I haven't seen/talked to in a LONG time! It's been more than six years since I have talked to any of them, and even longer since I talked to Amber. So much has changed! I'm married with 2 little girls and I've gained 10 lbs, and my house is always a mess! But inside I am still the same old nerd!

Well, today is a pretty bad pain day for me. I didn't want to move out of my house today, BUT of course we were about out of formula and bread. So, I made a quick but expensive trip to Costco & Wal-Mart. I got home from the store and had one bag & one box of diapers and I spent almost $175! Well, I also included filling the car up in that calculation. The joys of being a mom never end! :) But I swear my kids know when I am having a painful day. They are much more difficult. Although, Hannah did really well at the store today. She wanted to sit next to Ainsley in the cart at Coscto. Since she is so tall, it took some maneuvering to get her in the cart. She did whine for a churro & a rootbeer, but since she was buckled in she couldn't run off to find one on her own! :) Then she walked around Wal-mart with her harness on and did fine. We got her a cookie at the bakery and that helped tremendously! Ainsley got cookies, too, today. I think I wore my kids out, though. By the time we got home, Hannah just wanted to lay on the couch and watch movies and Ainsley fell asleep in her highchair eating lunch. It was so cute. Of course I took pictures, but I don't have time to share them.

So, tonight we are going to meet my buddy, Jenna, to take pictures of the girls. I am really hoping the weather holds out. It is beautiful right now, but it's supposed to get chilly and rainy. I have white dresses for the girls and I need to go find their white sweaters. I have been talking to Hannah about Mommy's cute friend, Jenna. I keep telling her that she needs to do what Jenna asks her to do and she needs to let Jenna take pictures of her. So, we'll see how she does. I kind of hope that Ainsley naps on the way down there. Then she'll be happy for the pictures. I share pictures when I can! I may have to just link you to Jenna's blog! She's a cute girl and I can't wait to meet her for REAL! See, my "imaginary" digiscrapping friends really do exist!

Okay, I am going to go cook dinner and get stuff ready to go.

6 comments:

RealRach said...

Someday maybe WE can meet too! I think we need a KH CE Gathering, don't you!

Sounds like a busy day. Welcome to my world! LOL Wait until they are in school...it gets worse not better. Sorry to say.

Angie said...

Good luck with all that, mere... Can't wait to see pictures! :)

Cardalls said...

HOpe you feel better and get some rest!! Your girls are so cute.

Mary said...

I can't wait to see pictures! How fun!! And $175 isn't bad... I won't tell you what I've spent in the last month. It is an obscene amount of money. But it wasn't junk - it was stuff we actually needed. oh well.

Ryan said...

Meredith - Long time no chat. It is so cool to see your blog and your beautiful kids. Your oldest looks like a mini version of you. Congrats on the wonderful family. I can't believe you live in Utah now also. We should all get together some time.

chrissy said...

I don't do Costco any more. I love it, and I miss it, and you can't beat the prices, but I can spend 400 bucks there, easy! That's not a good thing...