Thursday, May 08, 2008

benefits to no sleep...

I fell into bed around midnight last night, woke up every hour and a half with Ainsley. She is teething and is cranky! And then Hannah woke up at 4:30 this morning and would NOT go back to sleep! I parked her little behind on the couch with some kid shows and strict instructions that she was not to get off the couch for any reason! I went back to bed. Our bedroom opens up into the family room, so I was literally fifteen feet away from her. Thomas got up at 5 for work. Ainsley woke up at 6:30 this morning. Now, to some people that's normal life. But let me tell you that Ainsley normally sleeps until 9 or 10. I don't do mornings, especially early mornings. But so far this morning, I have scrubbed the bathroom, including the nasty free-standing shower & bathtub, done three more loads of laundry, scrubbed the kitchen, mopped the floor and dusted the house, changed poopy diapers, bathed children & emptied the trash, not to mention that I spent almost an hour trying to get information on having a phone line installed and more time researching our trip to California... it looks like we are going to go. Hannah is napping, and has been for over an hour now. Now I get to fold the clean laundry and I may take the kids out to play at the park as it's a nice day. And it's only barely past noon. Go me! I have a feeling I will be in bed early tonight! :)

7 comments:

Shumaker said...

You make me tired just listening to all the things you have done already today. Well I am sure you will crash early tonight and hope to not wake up. To bad for little ones that never let you sleep when you really want to. Any how I hope you all are doing good. Talk to you later Tara

Mary said...

wow... wow... wow... You're a crazy person!! But very impressive. :) Where in California are you going? We took Eli to San Diego and we had a blast. I can't wait to go back.

My next question... what do you charge to come clean my house??

Kara and Theo said...

I missed the posting about California. What part are you guys heading to? SanFran is really pretty this time of year! ;D Since Theo has been gone my kids have been keeping me up all hours of the night. So I share in that sleep deprived boat, but I can't seem to get motivated to but maybe one big thing during the day before I crash. Feels good though to get so much done!

Meredith said...

we are heading to palm desert in the middle of june. my father-in-law has access to a timeshare resort there. so the entire cardall clan is going. it is going to be SO HOT! not looking forward to that. i think the cold weather of utah has made me wimpy!

Brown Family said...

Hope you were able to nap during the day! Ha! Ha! (Nap what is that?)

BTW, Ainsley's b-day cake was, ADORABLE!!! Great job to you and your mom!

Krystal Hartley said...

I'm officially exhausted!!! You go, girl!

Amber said...

Girl I don't know how you do it. But I can't wait to see you in CA.