Friday, May 23, 2008

Cute Little Hannah-isms

I am interrupting my busy pajama-clad day of uploading albums, cleaning messes, folding laundry & feeding children to bring you this adorable little Hannah-ism! As most of you know, Hannah currently has two obsessions... watching kids' shows on tv and growing things in the garden. Today, I bring you a combination of those two!

I was in the kitchen getting lunch ready while Hannah was impatiently awaiting the return of Max & Ruby when a Lending Tree commercial came on. Hannah started yelling, "Mommy! Mommy! Money DOES grow on trees! The commercial said so!" I tried to explain that money doesn't really grow on trees. Hannah insisted that "if we found the right KIND of trees, money will grow indeed." (her words, not mine!) Then ever-patient Meredith (ha! that's a good one!) says, "Hannah. Money doesn't grow on trees. Commercials lie." Are you ready for this??? Hannah sighs and says, "Mommy, if we find MONEY SEEDS, then money TREES will grow." "Yep, Hannah, you're right." So, can anyone tell me where I can find some of those? I love hearing how her little mind works these days. I usually end up completely exasperated, but laughing! I love my little girl!

4 comments:

Aleisha said...

I love how there little minds work and some of the things they come up with. I love this age. (Except for the why mom and NO's that they so often use now.)

Krystal Hartley said...

That is so funny! If you find any money tree seeds, let me know!

RealRach said...

Call lending tree and ask for them. They MUST have them, right!

Shumaker said...

Mer,
My kids have been saying the exact same thing. Money does grow. Bethannie still thinks I am lieing and she will inded find her one of those trees and James believes I am right cause mommy does not lie. I love it.