Monday, April 21, 2008

my week in review

It seems like we have been going non-stop all week, but I really don't have too much to show for it. Monday, Hannah & I planted a couple of rows of sugar snap peas in our garden. I also planted a couple of cheap rose bushes I got on clearance. I am such a sucker for rescuing things, even plants! It was 82 degrees and beautiful! Hannah drank an entire Slurpee and half my Coke. Poor girl was sooo hot. Then we cooled off by washing our car in the frigid mountain water that comes out of our water hose. On our way in the house (covered in mud, by the way) Hannah said, "It was so nice of Daddy to leave us alone and let us have some good girl time today." Hmmmm, more like Daddy doesn't like to garden! But I'll let Hannah think otherwise! And I finally filed our Utah taxes.

Tuesday, it snowed. Not kidding.

I don't even remember Wednesday, except that we had more snow.

Or Thursday. Oh wait! Thursday was Leslie's baby shower. I went down to Cori's house for it. That's right! Thursday I ran to Costco and got a HUGE bag of spinach and a HUGE bag of Romaine hearts for less than a small bag of salad mix at Smith's. And I ran into the dollar store and got some diaper sacks for poopy diapers. My life is so much fun. You know you want to be me! :) But it was really nice to talk to family and spend time getting to know cousins a bit better.

Friday afternoon Thomas had a job interview. It went REALLY well and he is very excited. We really hope he gets this job. It's a great opportunity for him and he would be GREAT at it! I scrubbed my bathroom and kitchen. By bedtime it was trashed again. It was such nice weather on Friday, too. We rented a couple of RedBox movies thanks to their free rental codes. Hannah enjoyed Barbie Mariposa. I watched Breach (eh, it was okay) and August Rush. Holy cow!!!!!! Every parent in the entire world should see that movie. I balled and I don't typically do that. While I was watching my movies, I resized scrapbook pages. I figured out that is 2/3 of the price to print 8x10 pages instead of 8.5x11. AND it is half the cost to print 8x8 instead of 12x12. AND some of my 2 page 8.5x11 layouts can actually be shrunk down to about an 8x12 and printed for half the price. I am still going to use a 12x12 book because some of my favorite pages will be printed at 12x12, a LOT of them will be 8x12 and some will be 8x10 and some will stay 8.5x11 and some even 11x8.5. With a 12x12 album I can do pretty much any size and it will fit on the page. Now I need to actually print some pages. Can you tell what I really really really want to do with my tax rebate? I wish we were getting that sooner! There is a huge sale on 8x10 prints right now and I have about 500 pages to print. Don't worry anyone, I am not planning to print that many pages at once. But it would be nice to print some and get twice as many pages for my $$.

Saturday, it was supposed to snow, but NO! It was 70 degrees, but VERY windy! Hannah wanted to wash the car again (because it got FILTHY in the snow on Tuesday), but it was way too windy. And the air was horrendous! Seriously. Hannah and I ran out to do a couple of errands and the air was so brown you couldn't even see the mountains, and we were up really close to them. Hannah was soooo excited because we got a craft kit for her. Michael's had a bunch of kids' crafts on clearance for $1. We got her one that she could make sparkly flowers. She was so excited because I let her use glue. Yes, I am a mean no-messy crafts kind of Mom. But I let her. And I am still scrubbing glue off everything. And she glued a spangle to her shirt.

We woke up this morning to Ainsley with a fever and Hannah with a runny nose. Ainsley coughed all Saturday night. She barely slept. It was awful. Needless to say, we didn't make it to church today. Ainsley smells like she may have a sinus infection. That is NOT what I need right now. She had a fever on and off all day today. And she has been so cranky. She has been super picky about food the last few days, too. I am wondering if her teeth hurt. She recently discovered Hannah's push-popper. And she has been pushing that darn thing all over the house, back and forth, back and forth. Now I know why my dad took the clackers out of ours when I was little. I always wondered why none of my toys made noise... NOW I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND! I took down four of the twelve sets of mini-blinds in my house today. All of the ones from my family room & Hannah's room, and I soaked them in the bathtub with dish soap and then took them out and wiped them down. I don't think they have been cleaned in YEARS. They were filthy! But they even smell good now! I couldn't get the ones in my kitchen down, so I don't know how I am going to clean those. I have tried wiping them down and spraying them with degreaser, but they need much more attention than that. But I am going to do my bedroom blinds tomorrow. My goal is to do it every other month. I can handle that. I don't have that many sets and once they are initially cleaned, it should go pretty quickly.

And that's it. my plans for this week... teach Hannah a new Primary song (new to her) "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" because she and her cousins are singing it in sacrament meeting next Sunday at Grandpa Cardall's ward. I need to do some organizing in the basement and pull out the summer clothes and pack up the winter clothes. I also have to get the window AC unit out and ready to install. I need to change lightbulbs in the family room, bedroom and kitchen. AND I have a million layouts I need to do. And I need to scrub my house before my mom comes in TWO WEEKS! I clean my house every day, but it always looks like I haven't touched it. And it isn't Ruthie clean. I need to de-clutter my kitchen table and hutch. :::sigh::: Thomas should hear something about this job hopefully tomorrow. We'll be anxiously sitting by the phone all day. We'll let everyone know as soon as we hear something. Well, I am tired now and am going to go get some sleep. Yes, it's 2:15 am. If I want any peace & quiet, I have to stay up this late. Ainsley usually wakes up around now for a feeding, so i am sure that as soon as I fall asleep, she'll wake up.

'Nite all!

8 comments:

kayemeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kayemeff said...

Wow! Taking down mini-blinds and soaking them in the bathtub, you're super dedicated! I have never done anything to mine, other than dust them, and what a pain that is! Blame the runny noses on the weather, we've been going through that here, it's hot then it's cold, it's hot then it's cold. We didn't get any snow of course but we've had those temperature drops of 50 degrees over night, and that always turns on the kids runny noses. GL getting everything done this week. I hope Thomas gets that job! Kristie

Mary said...

Oh yeah, my kids have had that cold - and are still somewhat going through it. It takes about 2 weeks. (sorry)
I'm impressed with your dedication to clean. But with your mom coming I totally understand.
Can't wait to hear about Thomas!!!!! Yeah!

chrissy said...

Wait, hold up. "Ainsley smells like she might have a sinus infection"??? What does a sinus infection smell like?

Meredith said...

I wondered who would ask that question! lol, Chrissy, I know I can count on you!

It's that perpetual bad breath, sour smell that doesn't ever go away. Even right after I brush her teeth, her breath stinks. And her nose smells sour. Pretty gross, eh?

chrissy said...

ohhhhhh, YUM!

I didn't know if you meant THAT kind of "smells bad" or like, when she tried to sniff or smell something she cried because it hurt. Ha ha. Leave it to me to ask the stupid questions :)

Aleisha said...

DANG, ok...go lay down and take a nap. Your making me tired. lol I hope the gilr's are not sick. That no fun at all. I hope thomas get the job too. What will it be? Is he still working at his other job? Good luck! =o)

Brown Family said...

I feel like such a bad housekeeper compared to you. I guess I am because I just would've dusted the blinds. Dang your good! :)

Hopefully you will hear soon about the job with Thomas. I HATE waiting to hear info on things like that.

Hope the girls start to feel better. I know if this weather would actually be normal for a change than the kids might actually stay well. We are fighting off ear infection with Ethan.