Monday, December 17, 2007

just a quick update

It's been a couple of weeks now since we moved into our new home. And we LOVE it! We are still trying to get unpacked and get rid of the clutter of moving. We have our Christmas tree up and are fully enjoying the sights and smells of the season! We have candles and tarts burning almost constantly when we are home. So, our little home is filled with the scents of cinnamon, pine and gingerbread. It just makes everything cozy and warm! I am LOVING my kitchen! It's small and doesn't have a ton of built in storage, but we have found ways to work around that. I am LOVING to be able to cook full meals and have my food storage organized and beginning to stock my deep freeze with prepared meals and desserts as I find groceries on sale this time of year. It is so much fun!!!! I have bags and bags of frozen sweet potatoes in the deep freeze and I still have a box of sweet potatoes that I need to bake and freeze. I need to figure out if you can freeze eggs and how long butter is good when frozen. Good grief! Butter is $1 a box right now for the REAL stuff! You can't beat that! Anyone know of any good resources on freezing foods?

I am starting to do some research on gardening in Utah and am planning what vegetables I want to plant this year. I am thinking about peas and green beans along with my tomatoes and peppers and onions. I may do some herbs as well. I need to talk to my uncle Chris about his salsa garden that he plants sometimes. I only have a small plot of ground, but I plan to fully utilize it! We were driving down the main street next to our house and I saw a community garden as well. I may look into that for some extra space if I need to. I LOVE living here in this house and in this area in general! It's so much fun!

Saturday, Ash & Dyl & Zoey stopped by our house to visit for a bit. Then we went out to dinner at Training Table. YUM! Although, it was super crowded and took FOREVER! It was really fun to hang out with my sister and her husband. We had fun, guys! Thanks for coming to visit us! After dinner we planned to go to Temple Square and look at the lights. But there was NO parking anywhere. We drove around for 40 minutes looking for parking. We found out that there was an event at the conference center, a jazz game and all the normal temple square christmas traffic. AND the parking garage that we usually park in is closed because the mall is basically being rebuilt. SO, we didn't end up going. We decided that we are going to look into riding Trax down there. We would have to drive to a Trax station, but it should be better than trying to find parking at Temple Square. We are about out of time, though.. Can you believe that it is Christmas next week??? I have so much to do. We haven't even started our Christmas shopping. And on that note, I am going to go try to get something done today. The kids are sick and we are all still in our pajamas and the house is a mess! Eeek! Oh well. Keeping my kiddos happy is what is most important today. And I made homemade chicken noodle soup and homemade bread for dinner, so I guess I did get SOMETHING done after all! :)

2 comments:

Jill said...

Glad you are finally settled in a home! Sounds like things are going well!!

Aleisha said...

I MISS UTAH AND SNOW!!! I am totally jealous right now. lol I wish butter was a dollar here, we pay almost three dollars for the real stuff. But then again, we pay a lot more for everyting since the dollar is going down hill fast. Its good to hear that others are having a great christmas season. It still doesnt feel like it at all to me. =o)