Saturday, December 29, 2007

2008 scrapping goals!

I know, I know, no one ever follows through on their resolutions. But I am going to do it this year! And you know how, I am going to set scrapping resolutions! Last year I set a goal to scrap 250 layouts. And I actually scrapped over 400!!! And some of those were even two-pagers! However, life has gotten a bit more complicated over the last year, and I don't think that setting a numbers goal will be feasible for me. So... instead of setting a number goal this year, I am going to set some organizational goals! And here they are...

* Stick to my scrapping plan... Scrap a 2 page layout for each event with the best photos, then print the other photos and put them in the scrapbook behind the layout. I have some photo shoots that have resulted in 10 single photo layouts! eek! Of course, there will be some variation to the plan, but I'd like to try it out for a while!

* I need to go back through my "old" pictures for the last 3 years (since Hannah was born) and figure out which ones really need to be scrapped and which ones should be printed. I should probably also do Thomas' mission scrapbook.

* Actually print some layouts. I have almost 1000 layouts (yes, you read that correctly!) saved on my hard drive waiting to be printed (yes, they are also backed up elsewhere!). I scrap 8.5x11, and I am CHEAP (read "poor" here!)! So, I may wait for a good 8x10 sale and then mount on cardstock.

* Print my kids' albums. I print (okay, I *intend* to print!) 4x6 copies of layouts for my kids. This is also a GREAT way to proof your layouts before you print full-size copies. I never see spelling mistakes on the screen. lol!

* Get/ stay caught up with my CT assignments. I have been a bad bad bad CT lately! October through December always kicks my behind! :)

1 comment:

Mary said...

good luck! They definitely sound like reasonable goals. And at least this way it is in black and white and you can go back next year and see if you did it. I need to do that on my blog...