Monday, December 17, 2007

found a CUTE new digi designer!

Okay, so she isn't a new designer, but she is new to me and I LOVE her stuff! Have you ever seen Melissa Bennett's stuff? If not, check out her store at Scrapbook-Bytes! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her style! She is having a 50% off sale right now and it is taking every single bit of my willpower not to buy her entire store! I would if I could... but that would mean no Christmas for my kids! Would kind of defeat the purpose of having all the Christmas kits! lol! This is just ONE of the kits I love!


I'm kind of in a scrapbooking funk. Maybe it's because I haven't done any layouts for two weeks, other than the ones I have been cranking out the last two days. Have you noticed that they are all the same? Have you noticed that there is absolutely NOTHING spectacular about them at all? The kits are really cute, so that isn't the problem. Maybe it is the stacks of clutter piled around me. It's driving me nuts! The kids have been sick today so I haven't had any time to unpack. The chicken noodle soup tasted awful tonight. I don't know why. It was just so BLAND! And no matter how much seasoning I added to it, it just tasted like water with dry noodles. So, of course, Thomas didn't eat it and I ended up making him breakfast burritos! lol! Why do I bother trying to make fancy meals? He is happy with Hamburger Helper, Rice-a-Roni and tacos! lol! The homemade bread was good, at least. It's a good thing I have such an easy-going husband. He is so good about all of my cooking misadventures lately! I don't know what it is. I have never had kitchen issues. But nothing is turning out right lately. Maybe it is just the adjustment to a different altitude & climate. Who knows?!

When I was making Dinner #2 tonight, Ainsley was crawling/scooting all over the kitchen floor. She crawled into Hannah's room and started playing with the toys on the floor. She got really quiet and I went to check on her to make sure she hadn't gotten ahold of a small toy and choked. I ran in there and she was asleep, face down on Hannah's bedroom floor. It was so cute! And bad scrap mommy that I am lately, I didn't even get a picture. A little bit ago, Ainsley was crawling on the family room floor and was a bit fussy. She crawled up to my feet, wrapped her arms around my legs and fell asleep! So cute! I didn't get a picture of that one, either! Bad mommy! She is full-on crying now, so I am going to go snuggle my sick baby girl!

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

I wish my kids would just drop and fall asleep. I cant even get them to take naps anymore, hence me being crazy 24-7 now.

Laura said...

I love love Melissa Bennett!!! She has made the greatest Chirstmas kits this year.

chrissy said...

That's way cute stuff! And I, for one, think your layouts are adorable!

I think once the Christmas season passes, and you've had time to unpack and unwind, you'll feel a lot less stressed.