Wednesday, December 26, 2007

{the cardall cRAzY Christmas}

** warning... lots of rambling and talk about puke... consider yourself warned!

Well, we had big plans for the Christmas holidays... Saturday morning found me waking up to Hannah screaming from her bed that she needed to throw up. She was sick all day Saturday and early Sunday morning. Then she was fine. So, we went to Temple Square on Sunday night to see the lights. We figured that we better do it while we were all healthy. Monday morning I woke up sick. Oh the joy of being sick on Christmas Eve! At this point we still hadn't done our Christmas shopping! Lovely! Thanks to Grandpa Cardall & Uncle Greg, we were able to get some of our shopping done. Thomas had to run out during a pretty big snow storm to do the rest and get some Sprite and crackers. I was in bed most of the day on Monday. Almost exactly 24 hours later, I felt fine. Ainsley was sick on and off Sunday and Monday as well. We figured that we were done with all the sickness... are we ever really done??? Anyway, Christmas morning we were all feeling fine. We opened our presents and had a really good time together as a family. We went to Thomas' step-grandmother's house for our traditional Christmas get together. It was so nice to see Grandma Betty & Dick again. We only stayed a couple of hours because one of her granddaughters who is living there has a cat and my throat starting itching. So, then we went to Thomas' dad's house to hang out. We were there a couple of hours and then Hannah ran to bathroom and threw up. Lovely. We had just spent HOURS around our little twin nieces. Hannah had been down on the floor playing with them and everything. I really hope that they didn't get sick! So... we came right home. And Hannah was fine once we got home. She fell asleep and woke up happy. She went with Thomas to run some errands this morning. She asked for a piece of pizza to eat for dinner. I made her a piece without any cheese. She took one bite and was sick again. At this point, I don't know if she is sick or just isn't used to having food in her mouth. She has a really sensitive gag reflex anyway. She has been complaining about loud noises and her ears hurting. Ainsley has had an ear infection, too. I just don't know what to do. So far, Thomas has managed to avoid all the illness, probably because he has managed to avoid cleaning up the messes and diapers... Lucky boy! I am actually really grateful because he was able to take care of the kids and all the Christmas Eve preparations when I couldn't. He did change the diapers then, by the way! :) What a good man! Plus Thomas has to go back to work tomorrow. It would NOT be good for him to be sick. AND we have to empty the rest of our stuff from storage this weekend... He can't be sick... and now that I have said that, he'll be sick for sure! lol! I did manage to take some pictures this weekend. Although I didn't get nearly as many as I wanted to. I plugged in the charger to charge the camera battery on Christmas Eve. And then I plugged in the video camera in the same plug... I think it was too much for the poor plug. Neither battery charged. I had enough juice in the camera to take about 15 pictures. I plugged in the video camera and it was fine. I'll post some pictures when things get a bit more settled here. The last four weeks have just been crazy. We were supposed to go to a family reunion for all of Thomas' cousins here tonight. Of course, we didn't end up going. We didn't want to risk anymore puking at family parties this season! Good thing we didn't go. We are supposed to have anywhere from 4 to 10" of snow tonight. And more snow on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Should be a ton of fun moving stuff! I am not leaving the house for the next week. I have to undecorate my house, repack up my Christmas decorations and organize my basement so I can put all the rest of my stuff in the basement. I am going to stop rambling now... I have to go feed Ainsley again and get some laundry out of the dryer (load #6 for today!).

5 comments:

Melinda said...

sounds like you had an eventful holiday, Meredith. Just look like at as 'it could have been worse' ;)
I can relate- we had a puking incident at my house over the weekend, and wondered if it was going to ruin all of the stuff we had planned. We were lucky and it passed as quickly as it came without making the rounds of the kids this time.
I hope the rest of the moving goes smoothly for you this week!

Aleisha said...

I feel for you. Instead of being awake because of kids being sick, I stay up worried about break in's. Two friends of ours (including mini meredith) had there house and cars broken into and cleaned out. And one house down from us had there gate broken and car stolen. Stuart is on nights, so I've been freaking out. I think I would rather be sick. lol I hope you guys all get feeling better soon!!

Christine Smith said...

ugh, I absolutely HATE barf -- because usually it comes with extra laundry and a lot of holding little girls hair out of the toilet or the puke bucket. I'm glad you made it through OK and hope everyone gets and STAYS well! hugs from Christine

chrissy said...

I'm so sorry!!! I hope everyone's feeling better now.

Mary said...

what a week! I just emailed you about how things went. I guess I know now... oh well. Hopefully everyone is feeling better. Eli threw up Christmas night, but it was isolated, so we think it was something he ate. Can't wait to see your Christmas pictures