Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Long time, No Blog

Things have been crazy busy around here again. My parents are officially living in Chicago. They left yesterday morning. The house is all empty and they closed on their new house today. It has been hard for us. This morning I kept thinking that I would just drop by Ruthie's house when I was out doing my errands. Then I realized that Ruthie's house is now 18 hours away! Hannah has been crying for her Grandma. She told me earlier that she doesn't like me or our home. She wants to go find Grandma's new house in "'Cago" and stay there.
Little stinker woke up this morning with a snotty nose, but no fever. Then she took a nap and woke up with a fever and an even messier snotty nose. I had to call the mom of the little girl I babysit on Thursdays and cancel for tomorrow. Poor Hannah looks sick. Her eyes are droopy and all she wants to do it sit on her little couch and watch movies.
So, good news! I was asked to be on Traci Reed's CT for the month of November! I couldn't have picked a better month! She just finished her The Reason for the Season Collection at A Cherry on Top. 6 beautiful Christmas kits! And she also did a Snowy Collaboration kit that I get to work with! So much fun! It's a good thing I put off scrapping my Christmas photos for the last two years! I am working on a Christmas project. I am creating a recipe book of favorite family recipes. I am trying to get some Porter and some Cardall/Miller recipes. So, if you have a favorite, send it to me. I was going to print out full-size color copies for everyone, but that would get way too expensive, way too fast. So, I may have to make them smaller than I originally intended. I am trying to make all my fonts pretty big so that they can still be read if they have to be shrunk down. I have been a digiscrapping machine lately. I have already done 20 layouts this month. They are all posted below this post... Chrissy, if you are reading this, let me know what you think about the recipe book for Lyndsey & Tyson. We have them for Christmas & I have no idea what to get them. I don't really know Lyndsey that well and I have never even met Tyson. Anyway... back to digiscrapping... that just means that my house is a wreck and I am behind on my homework. I just can't concentrate on reading right now. I keep falling asleep.
Speaking of my pregnancy... things are going pretty well right now (keeping my fingers crossed). My symptoms haven't gotten any worse. They aren't necessarily better, but at least they aren't worse. I did have an allergic reaction an antibiotic over the weekend. Not fun! I had to take two Benedryl just to stop itching, but I could NOT sleep after that. I went to bed around 10 or 11, woke up at 2am and couldn't go back to sleep until after 5:30am. Then I had to get up at 7am for church. And of course, Thomas had to work on Sunday and Hannah was an absolute nightmare at church. She would not stop talking LOUDLY. So, I had to take her out in the hall, where I found my brother and sister-in-law. The whole family was out in the hall for the better part of the meeting. Which was too bad because the speakers were really good. I wish I could have heard more of what they were saying.
I am going to get going. I need to work on some birth announcements I am doing for a friend. What an adorable baby! :)

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I think the recipe book sounds like a great idea for L&T! Last year we had them and we got them gift certificates to dinner and a movie-boring! I have a few favorite recipes I'll send in the next few days when I find time.

So with your parents gone are you thinking you'll stay in Florida? (Wink, wink-move here!!!)