Saturday, November 25, 2006

Just some new layouts...

I just submitted a few pages to Creating Keepsakes and Simple Scrapbooks. I have never been published before, so we'll see if anything happens! :) I am so sad! I just found out that my favorite scrapbooking magazine is no longer around! Scrapbook Answers is gone! Their last issue is this month. I love to look at Creating Keepsakes and Scrapbooks, etc. and Simple Scrapbooks for layout ideas, but they generally don't have much content that is applicable to digital scrapbooking. Scrapbook Answers always included free fonts and a free digital kit and free digital artwork to use in layouts. They usually had at least a few pages dedicated to digital techniques. So sad...

Today should be a pretty uneventful day. I am not planning to leave the house again until I have to go to a baptism at church at 5pm. I haven't even changed out of my jammies yet! Hannah hasn't taken her nap yet, so I have to wait to shower until she falls asleep. She just gets into too much trouble if I shower while she is awake. Little stinker! I just realized that today is the 25th and I have TONS of digital layouts due for my Creative Teams. I have no idea how I am going to get everything done. I have about 6 or 7 layouts that I HAVE to do. And no photos to go with them! Yikes! Better get started...

But, here is a layout I did last night. More of an introspective layout than a fun, playful one...

Royanna Fritschmann's Power of Friendship Kit at Divine Digital
Hand Stamped Alpha from Michelle Coleman's Second Mile Blog
Special Thanks to Atomic Cupcake for her torn paper action
Photoshop 7
Fonts: Susie's Hand

I LOVE that hand stamped alpha. I miss stamps just for the alphas! The alpha I used in this layout is originally 8 inches tall. I just re-sized it for the layout. And it worked perfectly! I just got a new hand-stamped alpha from SaraAmarie. It is sooooo cute and I am soooo excited to use it! It is a thick and chunky and FUN! I need to take some photos of Hannah later.

I am going to go scrap... Later...

No comments: