Friday, November 17, 2006

Just another Friday

Okay, Thomas really depressed me today. I called him on my home from doing errands and he asked me what else I was planning to do today. I told him that I was going home to hang out. And he says, "Yeah, that's right. Because you don't have any friends now that your family moved." And you know what? He's right! I hate it when that happens! I was going to take Hannah to playgroup at church last week, but something else came up. And Thomas doesn't work until 12 next Monday, so we'll miss playgroup again. And I have a doctor appointment anyway. I really hate not having family around. Oh well! I told Thomas that he can't expect me to have friends on my own if he isn't willing to have friends, too. It is much easier to have "couple" friends to hang out with. Especially with Thomas's weird schedule. Anyway...

Hannah & I both got flu shots this morning. Hannah's pediatrician ordered extra ones, so I got one at her office. My OB doesn't have any. Strange? I thought so. They were giving out free ones at Thomas's work for employees and he didn't feel it necessary to get one. "I never get sick." Watch, he'll be the only one to get sick this year! Hannah has a cold, though. The pediatrician told me to give her Dicel, a new cough/cold prescription medication. I LOVE it! It takes about 3 days, but it clears Hannah right up. And it has allergy medicine in it, so if it is allergies in addition to the cold, it takes care of those, too. Gotta love that! I keep hoping that Hannah will want to take a nap so that I can. I don't think it's gonna happen. At least not while I want to sleep.

We are putting up our Christmas tree this weekend... probably on Sunday. I am soooooooooo excited! I LOVE Christmas! And Thomas will be off work on Sunday. I need to get some new ornament hooks. I really want to get a new tree, but can't justify the expense. Our apartment is TINY. We have a 7.5 foot tree that is absolutely gorgeous, but it is HUGE. It would literally take up our entire office, if it even fits. It has a 6.5 foot "wingspan" for lack of a better term. So, we are using our little scrawny 6 foot tree. It's a pretty tree, but I bought it back in college, so it is starting to get a little run-down. I want an 8 foot slimline tree. It's only $150 at Garden Ridge right now... pre-lit... no more stringing lights for hours! I had over 1500 lights on my tree last year. You could read sitting next to the Christmas tree! ;) I'll make do this year, but if we are in our own house next year, I am buying a new tree! :) I'll post photos as soon as we take them. I have to start organizing. Thomas's dad is coming in town in a couple weeks and I have got to de-clutter my house or he'll go crazy. I haven't been able to do anything for weeks, so things have just been piling up. Thomas is off work at 6 tonight and he works early again tomorrow, so he is just going to have to help me! He's gonna love that! Hee hee!

Gonna go scrapbook now... I have a lot of really cool kits to use! Later!

3 comments:

chrissy said...

When I hear people tell me they're putting up their Christmas stuff now, I always think, "You're crazy! It's too early! I'm not putting anything up until the day after Thanksgiving!" Then it just hit me...Thanksgiving is next week! It feels like it's a month away! Where does the time go??? I guess I better start pulling my stuff out this weekend to get ready!

Aleisha said...

I had my lights up already for a week. With me moving two days after christmas, I am gonna enjoy them for as long as I can. My neighbors can think what they want. I LOVE THEM!!! Plus, there in every one of my windows too. If anyone has lost there way, my home can bring them back, I light up the whole block..lol Ohhh, the joys of christmas Decorations.

chrissy said...

And by the way, that was pretty RUDE of my brother (true or not!)!!! I hope you gave him a swift kick in the rear!
:)