Saturday, April 08, 2006

update. . .

ugh! today is turning into the day from you-know-where! i put hannah down about half an hour ago and she is still screaming her head off. if she doesn't take an evening nap, she falls asleep around 8pm and then wakes up at midnight and is up for HOURS!

is it bad that i dread saturday nights because they turn into sundays? i hate sundays. i hate going to church. i don't hate church, i just hate going because i spend 2 hours of my time babysitting other people's terrible kids. i have one of my own, thanks! i don't need 65 more. we have several kids with behavior problems and parents who just can't admit that their kids aren't perfect. i wish they would all move out. instead, most of the families with good kids are leaving and more bad kids are moving in. we have a new family coming tomorrow with 4 kids and the oldest is severely ADHD and more. he can't even handle being in the primary room during singing time because he says it's too much for him. you know my philosophy. . . take them to their parents. it's not my problem!

well, my granny is now in Hospice care. My mom signed her over this morning. That basically means that there is nothing else that can be done for her. She will no longer have any medical treatments. Hospice is just end-of-life care. It is all about making the patient comfortable until they die. She was moved to a hospice care facility this afternoon until they can come and make the house ready for her. My uncle came down today and saw her and said she looks awful. I haven't seen her in a week because Hannah has a runny nose. I am almost afraid to go see her. I talked to her on the phone today and she was so confused. She called for directions to the church so that she could leave them for one of the nurses. There are literally 5 turns to make to get to the church and 3 of them are to leave the neighborhood and 1 of them is to turn into the parking lot. she couldn't even remember our address. she couldn't remember which street was which. that poor nurse will never find the church. oh well, we'll see what happens. . .

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Oh Meredith, that's terrible! I'm not really sure what to say. I'm sorry about everything going on. I hope Granny isn't in too much pain. I wish you were here so I could give you a big hug!