Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Crazy busy, but still alive. . .sort of!

If you saw what I look like right now, you might not believe I am still alive. . . to be quite frank, I look like death! My allergies are sooo bad right now that I have HUGE black circles under my eyes that go to the middle of my cheekbones. Ugh!
I went to the doctor this morning because I was totally convinced that I have a blood clot in the back of my left leg. My legs constantly feel like they are being squeezed and then there is a popping sensation and it's fine for a little while. I have to sleep with my legs elevated because they hurt so bad! However, my doctor just thinks my potassium levels are low. I have to go have bloodwork done on Thursday morning so that Thomas can watch Hannah. If my bloodwork comes back okay and I am still having pain in a couple of weeks, I have to go back in for more tests. The expensive ones like ultrasounds and CT scans. . . AND, I thought I had fungal warts on my hands. I have like 20 little bumps on my hands and they itch like crazy. I had something similar a few years ago when I was working with photo chemicals all the time. The chemicals killed all the "good" bacteria on my hands and so the bad fungal ones took over. I just had to put an anti-fungal cream on them and I was fine after a couple of weeks. So, about a month ago, when I was cleaning that house for my brother, I started getting those bumps again. I figured it was from the cleaning chemicals. So I started using the cream again, but it didn't work. The doctor said that it is actually a form of eczema. So I have to go get a prescription filled for that. I really hope that my doctor is right. I have never had him be wrong so far. He probably thinks I am a hypochondriac. the last time i saw him i thought i had a broken toe. . . nope, just swollen joints from being pregnant! the time before that, thomas thought I was depressed so he made me go to the doctor. . . nope, just pregnant! :) that turned out to be hannah! so glad that wasn't the diagnosis this time! :)

So, my granny is back in the hospital again. They think she may have cancer in the linings around her lungs. They had to drain a quart of fluid from the sac around her lung. She is having all kinds of problems. It may even be in the tissue around her kidneys. It isn't looking too good. The doctor won't give us a time frame. . . she could live 6 weeks or 6 years. She really wants a feeding tube, but the doctor doesn't want to give her one because of the possible complications. But we should have her test results by Thursday night. My parents were supposed to go to Hawaii this weekend, but they cancelled their trip in case anything happens and so that my mom can be at the hospital with her mom. I'll keep you posted!

I haven't even had time to digiscrap lately. I'm going to go right now! I'll post a couple of photos of Hannah that I took today, probably later on tonight. I got her a helmet last night to wear when she rides her "bike". She wears it everywhere. She started sweating in it today, so it may not come back in the house after today. She looks so "special" in it! :)

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Oh man! Sounds like we've all had crappy weeks! I hope your allergies and leg feel better. I really hope your granny feels better, too. Is there any sort of treatment they can do for the cancer?