Wednesday, June 13, 2007

just a little update

we are still alive here in chicago. i think that the girls are determined to drive me nuts, though. i think they have decided to tag team me. hannah has been going to bed relatively early... 9:30p last night and has been up at the crack of dawn, actually about 7:30a. Well, Ainsley has decided that nighttime is not for sleeping, but for smiling and laughing and playing. She is staying up until 3am and sleeping until 10 or 11am. So, I am getting about 3.5 to 4 hours of sleep, because Ainsley gets up at about 6am for a feeding and goes back down at about 6:30. I am glad that Hannah is sleeping earlier, though. I am trying to get Ainsley to sleep at night, too. I actually had about half an hour of peace last night while they both slept. It was so nice. I read a book! :) I HAVe to get working on my scrapbooking. I haven't done a darn thing since I have been here. I haven't worked on Angie's baby afghan either. Hannah is into everything in Grandma's house. It isn't exactly child-proofed here, but then you can't do much to child-proof against Hannah. If she wants something, she is going to figure out a way to get to it.

We just went to Jamba Juice and got smoothies. Grandma's favorite is a Mango-a-Go-Go. Hannah thinks it is soooo funny to say that, so she wanted one. Well, Hannah's diapers are nasty enough, so we didn't want her to get anything with mango. We ended up getting her a berry mixed smoothie with just ice and no dairy. So she calls her smoothie a Berry-a-Go-Go! Such a funny kid! And she is eating chicken fingers (&thumbs) for lunch now. She just got into Grandma's potato bin and picked out a couple and sat them on the table next to her. She wants to keep them there in case she gets hungry again later. Hannah is trying to pick the skins off the potatoes right now. What am I gonna do with that kid?

I have taken tons of pictures, but haven't had a chance to upload them to my computer. I have barely had my computer on at all. I'll put some up as soon as I can. Hannah has been loving being outside and wants her picture taken constantly. I am hoping to get a haircut in the next couple days and will post some pictures of the new 'do. I am so tired of looking frumpy. The first thing everyone says when they see me is, "Mere, you look exhausted." Well, I am tired but I don't want to look that way! :) Okay, I have to go wrangle the potatoes from Hannah's grasp. I'll update again later!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Woman, 7:30 isn't the crack of dawn. That would be 6:30 when ELI GETS UP! AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I can't complain too much because my alarm goes off at 6:40, but then he is running around the house while i'm in the shower and getting ready.
Glad to hear that things are at least slowing down for you - even if the kids are driving you nuts. Get that haircut for nothing more than to make yourself feel better. I'm sure you're beautiful either way. And let Ruth know Mango-a-go-go is my favorite too. mmmmm...

Sislers said...

I don't think I want to hear "if Hannah wants something, she'll figure out how to get it". Do I need to start baby-proofing?! j/k we're so excited to have you guys come. Makayla is beside herself with having Thomas here already.
Last night she wanted us all to go to dinner together since it was Thomas's second night here. It was already after 8, and they were exhausted. She started crying because she just wanted us all to go. she was also tired and that's how she handled it. So...Blimpie it was :)

chrissy said...

sometimes doesn't it feel like you need a vacation from your vacation?!? lol

and man, as a new mom that's my number one complaint... people always say, "man, you look so exhausted!". Well, as a matter of fact, I am, but you don't have to say it to me!!! ha ha

Aleisha said...

I dont think anyone wants to hear that they look tired and exhausted. My nefew just asked me why I looked older then my 30 year old sister, and why sunday, I am not turning 39, when I will only be 26?? Ouch, I am feeling the love. I told him its because she has no kids. lol