Sunday, June 10, 2007

it's done... for now!

good news... my husband, children and i are still alive! so don't worry!

good news... i am in chicago for a couple of weeks relaxing at my mom's house with my two girlies!

good news... my husband is currently driving to utah with his brother and brother-in-law and all of our belongings.

good news... the moving truck is filled to the BRIM and overflowed into the car being towed (shhh! don't tell!) and into the car that Thomas and his brother are driving.

bad news!... our garage in Florida is still FILLED with things that we couldn't fit and bring along. a dresser, a bookshelf, a rocking chair, brand new ceiling fans, the exersaucer, my elliptical, boxes of wreaths and decorations, my HUGE metal garage shelves that I LOVED... just hundreds of dollars worth of STUFF, but it was my stuff. I am so sad... It's just stuff... It's just stuff... It's just stuff...

more bad news... I didn't have time to even finish cleaning before I had to leave to get to the airport. heck, i didn't even have time to start! thank goodness for good friends. my good friend, kimmie is going to sort everything out and clean my house for me (in her "spare time"!). what would i do without her? i miss her so much already! she is like my big sister! love ya, kimmie! (does that make adam my brother? yikes!) i feel absolutely terrible that I left my house such a mess. kimmie is going to hate me by the end of the month!

and the flight!! it was horrendous! hannah only got about three hours of sleep before we left. never a good thing! she was terrible. throwing tantrums at the airport and on the plane. the other passengers must have been relieved to get rid of us! :) the good news is that the flight is over. the bad news is that i have to do it again in 2 weeks and the flight to salt lake is longer. at least we will be going to see daddy. hannah misses daddy so much! me, too!

on to other topics...
Chicago is beautiful! Hannah is thriving on all the attention she is getting! She was outside almost all day Saturday. She went to nursery today at church. She cried for a bit at snacktime. She wanted a sandwich. Her old nursery had sandwiches. :) Then, when it was time to leave, she wanted to know where her treat was. Her old teachers gave the kids a treat each week afer nursery. :) I was afraid she would get attached to the teachers here and be more upset when we leave. Not gonna be a problem! :) We have been spending tons of time outside walking around and just relaxing on the front porch, listening to the cicadas. They only come out every 17 years. Hannah has been collecting their shells to tske to her cousins in Utah! Bet y'all can't wait. We are planning to go to the Lincoln Park Zoo this weekend. It's free and after my brother-in-law finishes his med scool boards he and my sister are going to go with us. Hannah is so excited to see the animals. Other than that, I am hoping to sit on the front porch with my laptop and scrap my little heart out! I really need to relax! That is all for now!

4 comments:

Aleisha said...

Awwwwwwwww, I am sorry to hear that you had to leave so much stuff behind. I think I would cry if I had to leave my eliptical. (Partley because it was an anniversary present.) I hope you can get most of your stuff back. Its good to hear that you get to hang with your family for a little bit before going to Utah. I'm sure they will give you a lot of breaks. =o)

chrissy said...

Man, that sucks! But at least you're on your way and things are DONE!

Can I come relax at your mom's house for 2 weeks???

:)

Sislers said...

I hear ya Chrissy...we all need to come out there for 2 weeks to relax!!
But I shouldn't complain, I don't have the newborn.

Emily said...

Mere, I am glad that you get to relax...Lincoln Zoo sounds fun --especially since Ang and Tom are going! Tell them hi! Bailey and I are excited to see ya in Utah...Bryson and I would love to help you move in...so let us know! Love ya!