Thursday, July 13, 2006

no water...

The condo association decided to replace the water heaters in every building in the complex. That isn't a bad thing because we haven't had HOT water since we moved in. It eventually gets warmish, but not hot. I don't even want to think about how clean my white laundry and dishes are NOT getting! Anyway... we were supposed to be without water or gas for 4 days. Then the maintenance guy came around and told us that we were actually only going to be out of HOT water and gas for 2-3 days. But we would have cold water the entire time. Yeah, he lied! We have NO water or gas right now. The gas isn't such a big deal. I just planned stuff that I can cook in the microwave or toaster oven. But no water! How am I supposed to deal with that? Supposedly the COLD water will be turned back on each evening by 6, but what am I supposed to do in the meantime? I think I know why it is going to take 3 days. The water heater closet is across the hall from my apartment. Everytime I look out my peephole the guys are just sitting on the stairs smoking or talking. They aren't working! So, I haven't showered yet today. I managed to get Hannah bathed before they turned off the hot water this morning. Thomas went to my mom's house on his way to work and showered there. I am not feeling really well today. I think I ate something with milk in it yesterday. Definitely not a good day to not have water... can't flush toilets. we may go to my mom's house for a few hours this afternoon after hannah wakes up. i don't feel well enough to move anything today. i need to hang pictures today, but I can't find my hammer and i need to borrow my dad's studfinder. That's about all that is going on here... I just posted a bunch of layouts that I did before we moved. I haven't scrapped in two weeks. maybe I will now since Hannah is napping! :) See ya!

2 comments:

Mary said...

No water?!?!?! for days?!?!?! I have some words for that - but I cannot share them.

chrissy said...

That sounds miserable! I didn't even think of not being able to flush until you wrote it! Yea, good luck with that one :)